View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2006, 10:35 PM
same gate here as well, can't say mine have ever attempted to escape through it.
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Lol - all your posts have made me realise how strong Northern Inuits are then - as they have broken several of these gates by leaning on them and they, and my GSD's, jump them.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm not going to even try gates lol My sister's two collies have worked out how to open them! Suki has already started to try and open doors with her teeth and paws - I'm sure it would just be too tempting to sus out the gate as well. I'll stick to using the crate when I need to!
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2006, 07:32 AM
It doesn't matter what gate I put up, whether its the baby ones or the Higher ones... Chester will always hop over
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Just a word of warning...often dog gates that are sold as 'dog gates' are more expensive than the child gates which are exactly the same...may be worth visiting your local mothercare or something....
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
Just a word of warning...often dog gates that are sold as 'dog gates' are more expensive than the child gates which are exactly the same...may be worth visiting your local mothercare or something....
The proper dog gates are quite a bit higher than the child gates and there is a larger gap where the gate closes so you don't accidentally trap a tail.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-04-2006, 08:29 AM
there is alot of difference in size, and worth the extra £10 or so.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 08:33 AM
All the ones I've seen and compared have been pretty much the same, including the same photo of the gate, with a dog rather than a child behind (same dimensions etc too). It's possible some manfacturers have done that and maybe others have actually produced a proper 'dog' gate, perhaps it's just the ones I've seen. It's worth doing a fair amount of shopping around in that case.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-04-2006, 08:47 AM
dunno then mine is like the 1 in the picture and about 3ft tall, ours never attempt tp knock it down etc which they could there must be other types out there.
i still think they are worth it for the extra height i need it worth mine. a normal baby gate is too small they would look over it.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:21 AM

Only a small picture, but we have this one, it extends to 5' wide, although it's sold as an outdoor gate, we have ours indoors.......Argos again.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >