register for free

Dog News

Banned for keeping animals for life but only given a rehabilitation order

A teenager who was caught on camera repeatedly punching a dog in the face and kicking a car in a series of brutal attacks was only handed a rehabilitation order in court today.

In shocking video footage, which was filmed at a house in Luton, Bedfordshire, in September last year, the 16-year-old can be seen punching a terrified Staffordshire Bull terrier in the face.

In another video the youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, can be seen kicking a cat in the head.

The teenager pleaded guilty to two counts of causing unnecessary suffering to animals under the Animal Welfare Act when he appeared at Luton Magistrates' Court today.

Despite his horrific crimes, he was handed just an 18-month Youth Rehabilation Order, including a three-month daily curfew from 7pm to 7am.

He was also banned from keeping any animals for the rest of his life.
Story, shocking photographs and video here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mals-life.html

Luckily for them, both the dog and cat made a good recovery and have been re-homed, but what guarantee will a life ban for keeping animals mean for such an evil person?

Your comments and views:
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Honestly, I've always thought many of the people who do senseless and mean things like this ARE indeed mental patients and are in need of mental help. Not punishing him lets him think that what he did wasn't wrong, which is bad but still.

I don't believe in "being possessed" or "evil" and I really think lots of them (animals abusers etc.) are more than just horrible people. I think there has to be logic behind your actions and when there is not, something is wrong upstairs. Most people disagree with me strongly, but I really believe that.

BTW, being banned from ever keeping animals doesn't mean a lot/anything. He could easily do this to someone else's pet or to strays etc. so it's pointless. He also could balk the system and end up with a pet somehow anyway, happens all the time.

P.S.
The person filming and "narrating" is just as bad as him TBH.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2014, 11:13 AM
I can't watch the video I personally think if he is old enough to do these things he is old enough for his name to be disclosed.
I am of the mind if young people can do this to animals it is not long before they start these awful scenarios on the vulnerable and small children.
Myra to a point I agree they need help and mentally there must be something very wrong upstairs to be able to resort to this type of violence its more than anger.

I am glad the cat and dog survived and are now in loving homes. I hope they have not suffered mentally due to their ordeal.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2014, 11:23 AM
I could not watch the video Lynn - there are too many horrific photos of tormented, abused and neglected animals as it is, without watching the abuse occurring.

I definitely agree with you about him being named - these things, like ASBOs and ankle tags, are all too frequently seen as a "rite of passage", and filming what they do on their mobile phones and sharing it, is just another "rite" to them.

It sickens me.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 04:56 PM
The video was bad, with him punching (not overly hard from the looks of it) a stubby looking white dog over and over again (he had it held up by the scruff) and a friend was filming it and narrating it (Oh, to the chest!! To her face, hahah!) etc. What was really sad was that the dog cried each time it was hit.

As much as he deserved to be bitten by the dog, I'm glad he didn't because then the dog would have probably been put down even though he was hitting the poor thing over and over. The kick to the cat was just brutal, though. And then it sounded as if he laughed.

These people are sick, I can't fathom what person in their right mind would do that for really no reason at all.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Sadly I don't think that there's something mentally wrong with them. At least not more than with most of us.
People grow up differently and develop differently, and some learn to think that certain things are acceptable.
For example, some people think that using e-collars on dogs is acceptable, I see it as physical and mental torture. But nobody would call them mentally ill.
I think as long as someone is able to make choices by themselves (and not experiencing a psychosis, episode, is on drugs etc.) they should be made responsible for what they've done.
I'm sorry but when I was 16 I knew that other people and other living beings experience pain and fear. It's a no brainer. At 16, you're aware of these things, it's not a 5 year old jumping on a snail or something. So people like that who consciously hurt other living beings for fun deserve no special treatment and they should be held fully accountable for their actions.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top