View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 04:20 PM
When I did my work experience at a farm, there were two pygmy ones that always escaped into the chicken paddock. The collie was useless at herding - which didn't help

I can't add anything other than what everyone else has said.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Well our last ditch effort at containing these little monsters has failed.

We electrified the wire over the fence. The only bit that was not electrified had stock fence joined on above the existing stock fence.

Went into the shed put their collars on. As soon as they were let out into the enclosure the first goat ran at the stock fence bounced off it and somersaulted over it.

The next escapee charged the fence with the electric wire and jumped straight over it into the forest. Managed to grab one of the remaining two goats and shut it in the shed quickly. Trapped the next goat behind a hurdle and grabbed its collar and horns. Whilst that goat was screaming blue murder the one in the shed jumped at the glass window and broke it.

Just leading these goats they threw themselves about and screamed like we were killing them. They are now all back in the shed until we can send them back to where they came from!

If they were tethered they would probably kill themselves. They are crazy pygmies.

OH messaged a friend that works at the agricultural college to see if he wanted them. He laughed and declined.

Not a fun end to a day in the pouring rain trying to catch goats.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Oh you'd love the goats in Cyprus - their shepherds take them out for walks! Whole herd of them!

Some of the blow in brits complain loud and long that these goats 'eat their gardens' but they should realise these goats were there LONG BEFORE their 'homes in the sun' were!

The downside is that goat shepherds will lay poison for dogs anywhere their goats walk or graze.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2