View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Indie85
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Yes i agree with all the others. Stop taking things off him.

Possession is all about trust. Your puppy needs to trust that you're not going to take things off him.

Buy him a big bone that he cant possibly hold all by himself, and hold the other end. Your pup will learn quite quickly that you are pretty useful to have around bones. Rather than taking them off him. I sit for ages with my puppy just holding his bone for him. Now he brings his bones to me to hold for him, lol.
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi my Chihuahua growls sometimes if we go near his food, I think he'd put up a fight if we went to take it but so would I if somebody tried to take my dinner away. I would never take a bone away from any dog. This could have turned very nasty.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Indie85 View Post
Buy him a big bone that he cant possibly hold all by himself, and hold the other end. Your pup will learn quite quickly that you are pretty useful to have around bones. Rather than taking them off him. I sit for ages with my puppy just holding his bone for him. Now he brings his bones to me to hold for him, lol.
Lol I did this with Rupert and containers I was letting him clean out before throwing them away. Now if I get him a small ice cream tub from the ice cream van (a rare treat) I have to hold it otherwise he dumps it in my lap
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2