Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 05:12 PM

Saw 3D tonight , anybody going ?

I am off to see Saw3D tonight , my first 3 d movie at the cinema , I am a tad apprahensive but should be goos I hope , anyone else going ?
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Seen films in 3d, some good for 3d some not.

SAW not my thing but I would think 3d would be amazing if you like that sort of thing....
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Wouldn't waste my money on another Saw film!!
Even in 3d!

What are you apprehensive about? The film, or it being in 3d?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 05:56 PM
I can`t watch 3D because like many people I have unequal sight in both eyes. So I really hope this fad doesn`t get too popular. .
CovetKaty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Work in a cinema so seen one too many bits of Saw 3D while screen checking. Not my thing at all but it's been popular where I work so can't complain.

Unfortunatly ClaireandDaisy, every cinema in the country is going to be Digital by 2012 so that means a LOT more 3D I don't agree with it personally, even working in a cinema, because 90% of 3D films that come out are conversions (films that were made in 2D and converted to 3D) examples being Clash of the Titans (total flop! The 3D was pants). But then you get films like Avatar which was stunning.

So I've heard on the grapevine, they're researching ways for people with one eye or unequal site to be able to see it It's worth it for some films (Saw for one being made in 3D not converted as far as I know, same went for the recent Resident Evil) but for others it's just a way of making money from a film that would otherwise do poorly if it wasn't in 3D (StreetDance anyone?)
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 09:06 PM
The 3d was good , as for saw hmmm.........
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Saw is not my kinda film, but daughter has gone to see it so that means a "leave the landing light on" night was bad enough last week when they went to see Paranormal Activity & were scared all night.
As for the whole 3D thing - I don't like the thought of having to wear glasses, I hate wearing glasses, they hurt a sensitive spot on my bridge. God I sound like my mother
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm far too scared to watch saw in 3D, it's scary and gory enough in 2D!! I saw 3D avatar though when it was out, and loved it x
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Having worked in an operating theatre for yrs the blood and stuff doesnt bother me too much , my daughter wanted to see it so we went along with her , would like to see more 3d films tho , the effects are great !
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I can`t watch 3D because like many people I have unequal sight in both eyes. So I really hope this fad doesn`t get too popular. .
you're a bit late there clair, it has long gone past the fad stage.
practically every other movie is 3D now. all cinemas are going 3D and 3D TV's and PC's are on sale.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >