Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 06:35 PM
lol I remember it well.

At nine months or so he had a bit of a 'do it in a minute' attitude then got good again, I think it was about 16 months when he started knocking cups over if you had a cup of tea, charging up to dogs and jumping over their head (If they were a bit understandably grumpy he loved to wind them up as he was so fast and could jump right over them, in fact the grumpier the better) pest to females, running far too big a distance to see a dog, not listening ...I gave up on food and stuck to play, sometimes he didnt want to come in from the garden and would 'tag' me - run up and paw me then run away, as if to say 'its play time chase me' even though he knew what 'in' meant, it just seemed like one day he just settled down, now he is far more reserved with dogs until he trusts them, is the one to tell them off for doing 'bad things' (if a dog is over excited he tells them off, if the cat scratches the couch he tries to tell them off) he will still play with dogs but prefers girls he can be let off lead pretty much anywhere, he can see a dog and just wants to stay with me, he listens and watches out for me all the time on walks, all in all he is great now but I do remember, in some ways glad its over but I can laugh when I think about his adolecent cheekiness now lol In some ways I'm glad he was how he was then as he's turned out tolerable of dogs, cats, children, people in general really, sociable, fun loving both with dogs and people and obedient, calm at home, if he had been different then he would be a different dog and may not be all those things now.

Trust me the hard work is worth it and Cain sounds like a great charcter too, he'll turn out brill, I bet
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Oohhhh.... you all just wait....

Murphy is 3 and a bit and STILL a stroppy teenager

I know it's probably something to do with the fact that he is a Boxer, but he ticks all the boxes from the article....

On the plus side, Max is 5 next year and has just about grown up mentally... most days
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Thankfully, I've not seen it rear its ugly head yet, and mine is now 23 months, so maybe we've passed it way back when she was about 10 months, when we had a few little blips, but nothing serious and all sorted now. I do know a lovely flatcoat though, who's 2 1/2 and he's still a raucous teenager, although nothing bad, just a bit naughty and he regularly attends gundog training, you'd think he'd know better! He's one of Zena's best friends, so I'd better not let her hang around with him too much then in case she picks up on anything!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2