View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 06:33 PM
How brill - I am very jealous (but am sure my hubby won't be, with their reputation for taking lambs ). I love all the big raptors. We apparently have Ospreys visiting the reservoir but I haven't seen them yet.

Look forward to any pics you manage to get.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
That's brilliant. Hope they do well. A few years ago my mum was the first to spot and identify one down here (as far south as Hull)! He stayed around for a few days - twitchers were everywhere. Was wonderful to witness something so spectacular on your doorstep. Hope they'll be back one day, and maybe stay - who knows!

Really hope you can get some pictures - they're pretty awesome things.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2009, 06:49 PM
saw my first wild golden eagle in years today between salen and glenborrowdale. Had to look twice before realising it wasn't just another buzzard.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Excellent .... will have to keep my eyes peeled when I am up at the end of the month.

Have you started THE book yet?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Excellent .... will have to keep my eyes peeled when I am up at the end of the month. Have you started THE book yet?
no not yet lol
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
How brill - I am very jealous (but am sure my hubby won't be, with their reputation for taking lambs ). I love all the big raptors. We apparently have Ospreys visiting the reservoir but I haven't seen them yet.

Look forward to any pics you manage to get.
Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fingers crossed xxxxxxx

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
saw my first wild golden eagle in years today between salen and glenborrowdale. Had to look twice before realising it wasn't just another buzzard.
That is brill Phil xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have you been to the Hide yet at Loch Sunart?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-10-2009, 11:59 PM
yes i was there yesterday. Had a baby on my back and breagh on a lead so didn't hang about. It was more a case of having a nosey. The placeis mobbed with herons and reading the white board the otters are about a lot. Golden and sea eagles seem to be spotted every couple of days so quite possible if you want to hang about for a few hours.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 04:45 AM
That sounds great.
On the way into Sydney a few days a go (sdenic route Via the rivercat) we saw a Sea eagle....sadly we were moving fairly fast so I do not have fantastic pictures of it....but on the return journey I will have another look.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
yes i was there yesterday. Had a baby on my back and breagh on a lead so didn't hang about. It was more a case of having a nosey. The placeis mobbed with herons and reading the white board the otters are about a lot. Golden and sea eagles seem to be spotted every couple of days so quite possible if you want to hang about for a few hours.
Yeah, we will have three dogs, we are thinking of taking it in turns to go to the Hide as they have two viewings on viewing day. Not sure how patient the dogs would be for hours on end........

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
That sounds great.
On the way into Sydney a few days a go (sdenic route Via the rivercat) we saw a Sea eagle....sadly we were moving fairly fast so I do not have fantastic pictures of it....but on the return journey I will have another look.
Keep those eyes peeled!!!!!! and camera out!!!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3