View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Type of flooring in your house downstairs?

As title says

Unfortunately we are having to put off buying a house for the next year as OH is now considering MSc this September/October.... But flooring caught my eye on the B&Q website and I was curious as to your choices of flooring!

Currently we have a cream carpet in living room and laminate in the kitchen, both of which I hate! Both always look dirty no matter how much I hoover or clean it! Hopefully, when the time comes buying a house I have decided I was wooden or stone flooring downstairs; thankfully OH agrees
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:29 PM
I have laminate in the front room, stone tiles in the kitchen and utility and some cheap B & Q tiles in the hallway, the kitchen tiles look lovely and everything is wipeable/moppable...i cant stand carpet personally as it always looks so dirty when i have had it in the past and i spent so much money carpet cleaning!

People say no Laminate as the dogs slip but touch wood mine never have and they all do "zoomies"!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:30 PM
I've only got a downstairs
I've got vinyl in the kitchen, a quick swoosh with the mop and it's done.
Through the rest of the bungalow I have a dusky pink carpet. Not too bad to hoover up but Pepsi only has small feet
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I bow down to anyone that manages cream carpets with dogs .

We have terrocotta tiles in the kitchen that are naturally that two tone dirty colour so they don't show up dirty doggy paws , and real oak flooring (think you can get it in B&Q now) the rest of downstaires, that too can get scratched, muck stuck inbetween the boards and just look even more 'authentic' , I think it cost us around a thousand pound for the wooden flooring, perhaps even more, not the cheapest option but well worth it x
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Through the rest of the bungalow I have a dusky pink carpet. Not too bad to hoover up but Pepsi only has small feet
I do love the warm feeling of carpet and love to look at others with their lovely snug rooms but It drove me absolutely mad!! if it wasn't muddy paw prints it was hubby's work boots or the sons football boots
Spent so much time trying to clean this stain an that one i couldn't wait for wipeable!!
xxx
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
We're in a maisonette (sp?) atm, I love it! Back my dads place I had 3 lots of stairs to climb to get to my room (3rd floor all to myself!). I wouldn't mind a house/bungalow to be honest.

OH and I work outdoors, comming home mucky in mud/animal hair isn't fun when you have carpet downstairs and a small tiled porch!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 09:03 PM
We have pale, oatmeal carpet and it's stayed like new, even for the past 2 years with a growing up pup and a big footed oldie with fur between the pads which slurps up the mud, BUT, I'm lucky, I have a bootroom and an outside tap, so the dogs get their feet washed and dried before they come in, and everybody, but everybody who enters here has to take their shoes off in the bootroom. I have never worn shoes indoors my entire life, nor has hubby, it's barefeet or socks or slippers, it just wouldn't feel right to have anything on my feet indoors. If it's wet, they don't get let out into the garden for a wee, they have to go out the back on the drive where it's gravel!

Hubby wouldn't let me do the bare floorboards coz he hates the drafts coming through the cracks, and I'm glad he stopped me now coz I love the feel of a nice, deep carpet between my tootsies The dogs slip around in the kitchen on the lino, so I had it replaced with special non-slip stuff last year and they still slip about on it, so I wouldn't have laminate unless I had rugs everywhere, but even they slip don't they?

One thing I will be doing though when we don't have a fluffy white dog anymore, is to change this cream to a deep charcoal colour
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
We have pale, oatmeal carpet and it's stayed like new, even for the past 2 years with a growing up pup and a big footed oldie with fur between the pads which slurps up the mud, BUT, I'm lucky, I have a bootroom and an outside tap, so the dogs get their feet washed and dried before they come in, and everybody, but everybody who enters here has to take their shoes off in the bootroom. I have never worn shoes indoors my entire life, nor has hubby, it's barefeet or socks or slippers, it just wouldn't feel right to have anything on my feet indoors. If it's wet, they don't get let out into the garden for a wee, they have to go out the back on the drive where it's gravel!

Hubby wouldn't let me do the bare floorboards coz he hates the drafts coming through the cracks, and I'm glad he stopped me now coz I love the feel of a nice, deep carpet between my tootsies The dogs slip around in the kitchen on the lino, so I had it replaced with special non-slip stuff last year and they still slip about on it, so I wouldn't have laminate unless I had rugs everywhere, but even they slip don't they?

One thing I will be doing though when we don't have a fluffy white dog anymore, is to change this cream to a deep charcoal colour
We had carpets untill we got our second GSD, mum couldn't stand the dog hairs and we got wood flooring with rugs! Dogs did ok on it, they were better on the tiled kitchen floors.

What type of 'non slip' flooring do you have Helena?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I have wood throughout downstairs, with rugs here and there.
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2011, 09:41 PM
we've got laminate in the kitchen and hall, and in the front and back room we have the floor boards that we sanded and varnished with a rug in the middle
like this

(dont worry its an old picture she's not got the lampshade any more )

the flooring doesnt cause ruby many problems .............. mainly because she spends most of her time in the front asleep on the sofas
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >