Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
neonlitdaydream
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2012, 10:39 PM

Dog activities in London?

I want to find something that me and Coco can "do" together in London.
I know there's things such as agility or fly ball,but I'm not quite sure where to even start looking for beginners,or what level of training Coco would need before starting that.She is 11 months now,I'm considering doing the second of the training groups where I took her puppy classes.I don't really know where to start to be honest...any ideas?
Coco is a JRT/Chi.
Any other dog activities I can do in London?I want her to meet more dogs etc.We already take plenty of walks,trips I guess I just want something more social and something we can work on together.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Good Citizens Scheme
Heelwork to Music
Rally O
Agility

Have a look on the APDT website and click on 'local trainers' then select London.

Quite a few trainers offering a selection of various activity training
neonlitdaydream
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks for that,I looked at the London one's,there weren't really a lot actually in Central London,most were in places miles away like Croyden
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't got much of a clue when it comes to London so it was the only thing I could suggest.

Have you tried a google search on 'dog training london'

Might bring up so options, but make sure you check 'em out before booking on any type of course.

Good luck in your search
neonlitdaydream
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks I will.I was hoping there would be some London Dogsey members ,tonight I am too tired to browse Google!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 08:57 PM
What part of London are you in?

I do agility with my dog, there are quite a few clubs around for beginners.
There's bound to be training clubs near you that do obedience, heelwork to music, good citizenship, rally-o etc as mentioned above
Sometime I take Cain to the hydrotherapy pool for a swim, he enjoys that.
What about joining a dog walking group to meet people?
neonlitdaydream
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
What part of London are you in?

I do agility with my dog, there are quite a few clubs around for beginners.
There's bound to be training clubs near you that do obedience, heelwork to music, good citizenship, rally-o etc as mentioned above
Sometime I take Cain to the hydrotherapy pool for a swim, he enjoys that.
What about joining a dog walking group to meet people?
Hi
I am in Kensington and Chelsea.I've not had much with dog walking groups,the ones I've found regularly meet up on weekends (when I work).
Mala
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi,

I've had a similar problem finding activities for my dog in central London. Most of the agility-type events seem to take place around the edges of London - I've been as far as Beckenham to find a good club but that was not practical to get home from.

I found the Alpha dog training school in Finsbury Park. They do the KC Good Citizens Scheme and have classes on Thursdays, but I'm not sure if it's day or evening.

Earlsfield and Hammersmith both have dog training clubs - you'll have to google to find locations, times and costs.

As far as daily walks go, we're lucky in having a very friendly group of dogs in the local park (around the Imperial War Museum, bus 360) who walk around 3pm on weekdays. You'd be welcome!
neonlitdaydream
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by Mala View Post
Hi,

I've had a similar problem finding activities for my dog in central London. Most of the agility-type events seem to take place around the edges of London - I've been as far as Beckenham to find a good club but that was not practical to get home from.

I found the Alpha dog training school in Finsbury Park. They do the KC Good Citizens Scheme and have classes on Thursdays, but I'm not sure if it's day or evening.

Earlsfield and Hammersmith both have dog training clubs - you'll have to google to find locations, times and costs.

As far as daily walks go, we're lucky in having a very friendly group of dogs in the local park (around the Imperial War Museum, bus 360) who walk around 3pm on weekdays. You'd be welcome!
Great!Thanks I will search those.
Where about do you walk?I live quite close to Imperial War museum,but what park do you go to?Is it the private gardens?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by neonlitdaydream View Post
Thanks for that,I looked at the London one's,there weren't really a lot actually in Central London,most were in places miles away like Croyden
Er..... Croydon is 12 minutes away from London by train.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >