Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 07:27 AM

Going to order my first raw order soon

Yesterday I went out with mum and we got the tabletop freazer from commet! I sugested Ebay ages ago but they had left it a bit late so went to commet and bought me a first hand one I think mum wanted the first year warrenty incase anything goes wrong.

Can't use it till all the wet food has run out but one thing I had notticed besides her character change for good she also did not drink as much on raw so it helped with toilet training she is now pretty well house broken.

I think ive got about a week a bit worth of food left and then she will be on raw permanently after that. The tabletop freazer will fit snuggly on the utility counter ^__^

I may use The Dog Food Company as my first order site unless anyone can recomend me any other good sites?? I am after giving Millie chunks of meat rather then mince as I don't think minced meat holds any benefits for the dog.

I have found that Turky fillets are cheaper then chicken and Millie really likes them.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Congratulations on the freezer - how exciting! Which one did you get? It is always good to buy a new one if you can afford it, for the guarantee.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Proline its just the right size for the area I wanted to put it and will take up the space where the dry/wet food is perfectly so wont take up too much space in the utility room.

It will be nice to have everything in one spot maybe ill get a picture of it after my first order fills it ^__^

my parents are paying between them I did look on Ebay but id be a bit suspicious of the cheaper ones and theirs only about a £20 difference in price plus we were able to pick it up the same day.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 08:45 AM
I've just looked at the dog food company and they don't seem to have a lot of choice available - which I suppose is perfect for when you're starting out.

Whereas Landywoods (to me) seems to have lots of choice but you have to have a bulk order.. (correct me if that's wrong?)

Here is a link that will show you suppliers in the UK - not incomplete or complete as it is what pet owners tell them is a reliable source of raw..

http://www.ukrmb.co.uk/showcontent.toy?contentnid=7379

Good luck with everything and remember - you may want to check it out so you know what you're getting.. it may say you get 454g of such and such and you get more blood than meat with it...
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I've just looked at the dog food company and they don't seem to have a lot of choice available - which I suppose is perfect for when you're starting out.
TDFC does sell more than listed on the website, it's a shame he doesn't list the whole selection but if you ask then he sends a price list via email.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 09:29 AM
can i a why you think mince holds no benefits for the dog?? think thats a bit of a strange comment to make to be honest....

and you dont have to order a huge order from landywoods, its like £30 worth of food, which depending on how big the dog is and what food you order (some more expensive than others) could go quite quickly. my order fit into a smallish freezer.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

25-09-2011, 09:29 AM
The dog food company is great and the quality of the food is superb, he'll try to get whatever you ask him to and will deliver fresh or frozen whichever you prefer, I prefer fresh as it's far easier to split things up and bag them in the quantities you need. His mince etc is very meaty with virtually no water content, certainly not squishly like some of the branded minces. I can't recommend him highly enough.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

25-09-2011, 09:36 AM
The Proline freezers seem to have good reviews! Did you get one with drawers or the little one, although I guess the ones with drawers would not go on top of a counter.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
The Proline freezers seem to have good reviews! Did you get one with drawers or the little one, although I guess the ones with drawers would not go on top of a counter.
Im glad you mentioned that as it was the only one they had was hopping they did one in black but sadly the only did white ones does'nt matter really. It has one set of shelves and its reasonably deep too.

can i a why you think mince holds no benefits for the dog?? think thats a bit of a strange comment to make to be honest
if your going to feed a dog raw you may as well feed them regular dog food if your just going to give them mince. I prefer meaty chunks though I may buy some mince pets at home (its very cheap their)) so I can put it in her Kong))
maybe ill get the white fish for her. Though I suppose it depends on how much time you want to prepair dogs food.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Im glad you mentioned that as it was the only one they had was hopping they did one in black but sadly the only did white ones does'nt matter really. It has one set of shelves and its reasonably deep too.

if your going to feed a dog raw you may as well feed them regular dog food if your just going to give them mince. I prefer meaty chunks though I may buy some mince pets at home (its very cheap their)) so I can put it in her Kong))
maybe ill get the white fish for her. Though I suppose it depends on how much time you want to prepair dogs food.
why should i feed regular dog food thats full of c**ap? just because i feed mince? my dogs get a mixture of mince bones and fish? their diet is perfectly fine, and they do alot better on raw than they did on dog food, even if they are only fed MINCE. i sometimes spend a while preparing my dogs food, it depends if its the day where they get egg and natural yoghurt and their garlice supplement, and daphs bionic biotice for her allergy, or whether they just get their bone meal...

i think that is an extremely bizarre comment to make, and one that is also wrong!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >