Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:22 AM

DAF order. Help please.

Hi, I have been buying my raw meat from the supermarket and it has been costing me a fortune. Well i have a week off the week after next so i can finally order from DAF animal feed supplier as i can be in on their delivery date for my area and i am making room in my freezer. I think i will order minced chicken (20 x 1lb), best beef tripe (20 x 1lb), beef chunks (8 kg), chicken carcass(5 x 1 kg), heart chunks(4 x 1.5kg) , raw beef knuckle bones (10 pcs) and pig pancreas (do they need this) (1kg). This is for my german shepherd and my labrador. They will also have liver, kidney and fish which i will continue to get from supermarket. Do you think this sounds okay, or am i missing anything vital. Also i am going to the butchers today for the first time ever, i suppose i will just buy chicken and beef from him, what do others ask for. Sorry so many questions.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:47 AM
your order sounds fine to me

i order from landywoods, and i just recieved my order which was lamb tripe, minced lamb, minced beef and kidney, kidney and liver chunks, chicken wings, and turkey necks

they also get fish twice a week (sardines and mackeral) and an egg, which i buy from the supermarket
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 12:17 AM
It sounds fine to me, my order from DAF tends to be:

Minced Beef
Minced Lamb
Minced Tripe
Chicken Carcasses
Lamb/Pork bones

I tend to buy the basics from DAF and then top up from the wholesale butcher/supermarket. I buy all my offal, hearts and chicken wings elsewhere as my freezer will only take 1 full DAF order at once!
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks xclo and rip. Hoping all that will fit in my freezer. Does anyone feed pancreas as part of their diet and do they think it's needed. Sounds horrible to me.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
Thanks xclo and rip. Hoping all that will fit in my freezer. Does anyone feed pancreas as part of their diet and do they think it's needed. Sounds horrible to me.
ive never fed it to mine, and not too sure what part of the diet it would come under.. e.g bones or offal etc.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
ive never fed it to mine, and not too sure what part of the diet it would come under.. e.g bones or offal etc.
I think it might be offal?

I don't feed it either, Oscar is supremely fussy (hence the minces) so I have to go with what he'll eat. Isla would probably eat pancreas though.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I would say pancreas is offal. My supplier does "pig pluck" which is a mix of pig offal, and their economy mince apparently contains all organs except liver (plus meat in there too), my two eat everything in it.