Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 07:38 PM

Today at Sutton Park

Hi,
Steph (YoungStevie), her husband and FS came to Sutton Park with their dogs - Bruce, Skye & Reah.

I went with Ellie. Oscar was wth his father this weekend ( ) so I decided that as Ellie doesn't go on the "big" walks as often as the boys, I'd take her.

Here are some piccies (not great as taken with my phone).

Here is Ellie. I let her off lead just to go in the water as she tends to jump up at anyone and everyone if not at home.

Here is Ellie posing for a photo. She'd actually launched herself over that wall at one point - obviously not realising it was further down than it seemed.

Ellie again in the water.

Ellie looking pensive after her second launch over the wall (2 different walls - dopey mutt!)

Ellie sniffing about and exploring inthe water. She'd sussed by this time that the other dogs didn't want to play with her.

This is Bradley with Skye & Bruce.

it was a good walk. There was one guy who pushed Ellie away when she jumped up but not in a bad away. It was clear she was being friendly and I know not everyone would appreciate a dirty, soggy doggy jumping onthem but to be fair, we were there first and he came right into the area where Ellie was.

Later on Ellie got a littel tired (to be expected I suppose only 12 days after being spayed) and wouldn't go in the water. I hink she wanted to really but didn't want to go down the muddy bak to get there.
Some muppet with a female EBT on lead (no problem) and a male EBT off lead came by. His male tried to mount Ellie (albeit at a 90 degree angle so he wouldn't have got very far). ellie clearly didn't appreciat this and tried to have a go at him. It wasn't just a warning - I ahd to use all my strength to pull her away.

She'd already turned around so the dog was off her by this point but there was no attempt by the owner to call him away. Not even when Ellie was barign all her teeth. She's only done that onxce before and had I not got the other dog away from her I know for sure she would have attacked.

Although I'd never wish anythign bad to happen to a dog, I wish she had bitten him (and hard to) so the owner would realise there is a price to pay. OK so some dogs will coming bounding over when they're off lead. I generally don't mind and ellie is happy to play with all of them. But trying to mount her after what I considered to be a very cocky approach by the dog, is out of order.

I think he tried it on with one of Steph's dogs too and got growled at.

Some people never learn.

But all in all it was a nice day, a good walk and Ellie is now flat out absoltuely exhausted.

Laura xx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 04:47 PM
glad you had nice walk ,it was a nice sunny day . nice for ellie to , have a long walk . shame about the male dog (he will learn ) it dos get you mad ,when the owners ,dont call them away .
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Lovely photos, Laura.

Shame the numpty had to spoil it for you x