View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:54 PM
yep you could say she eats stones or something - or as Claire says, give them the one finger salute. I don't get this muzzle fear thing. Surely, if she's muzzled she can't bite? Some people are fick though innit?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
In fairness, people aren't going to know that a muzzled GSD is friendly...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I don't get this muzzle fear thing. Surely, if she's muzzled she can't bite? Some people are fick though innit?
My dog was 'attacked' by a Viszla wearing a muzzle. Although the dog couldn't physically bite, it still wasn't a nice experience for my dog...despite the muzzle, the aggressive dog was still trying it's hardest to go for mine.

As for muzzle fear, muzzles aren't foolproof. It wouldn't take much for one of those flimsy plastic or Mikki muzzles to come loose.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I can only say how very responsible you are being. There could come a day when she'll be well over this and you'll be able to leave that muzzle off I'm sure. I met a man with a black bitsa dog whilst out this morning and it barked across at us, so I immediately took hold of Georgie's lead (which is always draped over his back) and put Zena on her lead, and then I noticed the dog had a muzzle on, so I felt pretty safe coz that dog was OFFlead! Am I safe then with a muzzled dog offlead, or would it still come over and attack us??

Having had many gsd's over time, I'm afraid a lot of people are only too keen to have a go about a particular one they've heard about, blah, blah, blah, and if I could have £1 for everytime a person has said to me "sorry, but he/she was attacked by a gsd and has never got over it" as they give me a wide berth, a very wide one!!! However, my two were playing with a 14 weeks old border puppy this morning, very gently, but of course, nobody notices that bit do they!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I can only say how very responsible you are being. There could come a day when she'll be well over this and you'll be able to leave that muzzle off I'm sure. I met a man with a black bitsa dog whilst out this morning and it barked across at us, so I immediately took hold of Georgie's lead (which is always draped over his back) and put Zena on her lead, and then I noticed the dog had a muzzle on, so I felt pretty safe coz that dog was OFFlead! Am I safe then with a muzzled dog offlead, or would it still come over and attack us??

Having had many gsd's over time, I'm afraid a lot of people are only too keen to have a go about a particular one they've heard about, blah, blah, blah, and if I could have £1 for everytime a person has said to me "sorry, but he/she was attacked by a gsd and has never got over it" as they give me a wide berth, a very wide one!!! However, my two were playing with a 14 weeks old border puppy this morning, very gently, but of course, nobody notices that bit do they!

I think its hillarious seeing peoples faces when GSD's bark at each other... Such shock
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I really hate it when people come to a conclusion like that, just because a dog has a muzzle on doesnt make it a bad dog. Your just being precautious
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Develop a thicker skin. Your dog is so much more important than the opinion of an ignorant twonk whose only contribution to the world is to breed.

Well said, couldn't agree more
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2009, 07:46 PM
You're being a responsible owner - you don't have to explain to the ignoramus why he's wearing a muzzle.
Make your own story, how about...."he likes to eat the dog poo that idiots don't pick up, problem is we love to let him give us kisses and it does bring on a hefty dose of worms if we're not careful - I'm getting a bit embarrassed about going to the chemists to get wormer for the family now. The muzzle solves the problem". They'll always give you a wide berth after that one!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey KcJack - how about a pair of steel-toecaps boots - just in case the numpty even lifts a foot to your dog

Nah, seriously - you are only being responsible and for that you'll never win!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:44 PM
When I used to go to Dog Club and people would refuse to stand beside us because Daisy was muzzled, the trainer used to point out that actually, she was the safest dog in the class, as she was the only one who couldn`t bite.

Have you tried a Death Metal t-shirt and a scowl? Because I`ve noticed that no-one ever said anything about the dogs when my 6-foot tall Goth son walked them.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >