Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I don't need to "redeem" or validate myself to you, or anybody else on this
No, you need to redeem yourself to YOU!!!!!!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

People have woken up to this poster...I agree with the above, could`nt have put it better myself.

You took Jade on when you lost Brownie as you own dog, you kept up the daily report of her progress, then when it become to much for you, you sent her back to the living hell of a life you rescued her from, refusing to do the right thing and by her, (that`s what an animal lover would do )....who in hell would send a dog back to such horrendous living quarters

I am sorry, but you should be ashamed of yourself, and for my part you have just confirmed everything I suspected .

Redeem yourself and take the poor bloody dog and release her from this hell, after all you say you care about her!!!
Okay, firstly... you need to stop swearing at me. You can criticize me without being terrible like that. Secondly, she wasn't kept NEARLY this badly before the incident. Not at all.

She was allowed in the house pretty often to play with Brownie and whatnot and her outdoor area was kept MUCH BETTER than what I saw yesterday.

When she bit my mother, my mother began to resent her even more and stopped caring. I had a feeling she'd do this, because I know how she is... which is why I told people that I was going to try and check up on Jade.

I didn't realize it was this bad until I went back there yesterday. I told people here that I wouldn't allow Jade to suffer, and I'm going to keep that promise.

It hasn't been THAT long and though it was worse than I thought, I still have NO intention to let Jade stay out there like that with nobody to give her fresh water, to clean her cage, to take her on walks. I KNOW that she doesn't deserve this and I'm not going to let her be mistreated any longer.

Also, you have misconstrued the issue here. You might not have believed what I typed about WHY she was sent back outside, but that is your problem... not mine. Jade was placed back outside because she BIT my mother.

I put her back outside, hoping that I could find some sort of resolution for her and we could find a way for her to still have a happy life because at the point I loved her (and still do) and didn't want to get rid of her.

Do you seriously think that if I knew her cage to be disgusting, her water to be completely GREEN and it to be terrible out there that I would have, for ONE second just shoved her back out there?? I am NOT that horrible, and I would NEVER have done that!

Jade was NOT kept badly like that previously, I used to bring her into the yard all the time to play with Brownie, her cage wasn't disgusting like that at all... but I had a BAD feeling my mother would say "screw this" and I was right unfortunately.

I admit I was too weak to give up on her because I had just lost Brownie and putting another dog down would have broken me. I wanted to find a way to keep her, I really did. That is why I put her back outside.

It wasn't because I was tossing her out, it wasn't because I hated her, and it surely wasn't because I'm horrible. It was because I wanted to help her. My mother said she wasn't allowed in the house because she didn't trust her... and that is and was the main problem.

I STILL don't want to give her to a shelter, or take her to be put down. I don't think it's right. I went to see her and she is truly a happy and forgiving dog, it's not right in my eyes to kill her.

At this point, I'm likely left with no choice... but none of it is going to be easy for me. As many terrible things people are saying, and as horrible people think I am, I will continue to defend my position here because I don't think I deserve the swearing and name calling.

I'm pretty sure a moderator will likely ban me or something and lock this thread soon anyway, and I can see that it's me vs. the site... so oh well!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

23-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Okay, firstly... you need to stop swearing at me. You can criticize me without being terrible like that. Secondly, she wasn't kept NEARLY this badly before the incident. Not at all.

She was allowed in the house pretty often to play with Brownie and whatnot and her outdoor area was kept MUCH BETTER than what I saw yesterday.

When she bit my mother, my mother began to resent her even more and stopped caring. I had a feeling she'd do this, because I know how she is... which is why I told people that I was going to try and check up on Jade.

I didn't realize it was this bad until I went back there yesterday. I told people here that I wouldn't allow Jade to suffer, and I'm going to keep that promise.

It hasn't been THAT long and though it was worse than I thought, I still have NO intention to let Jade stay out there like that with nobody to give her fresh water, to clean her cage, to take her on walks. I KNOW that she doesn't deserve this and I'm not going to let her be mistreated any longer.

Also, you have misconstrued the issue here. You might not have believed what I typed about WHY she was sent back outside, but that is your problem... not mine. Jade was placed back outside because she BIT my mother.

I put her back outside, hoping that I could find some sort of resolution for her and we could find a way for her to still have a happy life because at the point I loved her (and still do) and didn't want to get rid of her.

Do you seriously think that if I knew her cage to be disgusting, her water to be completely GREEN and it to be terrible out there that I would have, for ONE second just shoved her back out there?? I am NOT that horrible, and I would NEVER have done that!

Jade was NOT kept badly like that previously, I used to bring her into the yard all the time to play with Brownie, her cage wasn't disgusting like that at all... but I had a BAD feeling my mother would say "screw this" and I was right unfortunately.

I admit I was too weak to give up on her because I had just lost Brownie and putting another dog down would have broken me. I wanted to find a way to keep her, I really did. That is why I put her back outside.

It wasn't because I was tossing her out, it wasn't because I hated her, and it surely wasn't because I'm horrible. It was because I wanted to help her. My mother said she wasn't allowed in the house because she didn't trust her... and that is and was the main problem.

I STILL don't want to give her to a shelter, or take her to be put down. I don't think it's right. I went to see her and she is truly a happy and forgiving dog, it's not right in my eyes to kill her.

At this point, I'm likely left with no choice... but none of it is going to be easy for me. As many terrible things people are saying, and as horrible people think I am, I will continue to defend my position here because I don't think I deserve the swearing and name calling.

I'm pretty sure a moderator will likely ban me or something and lock this thread soon anyway, and I can see that it's me vs. the site... so oh well!
Firstly I am not swearing at YOU, I am swearing that the AWFUL SITUATION the dog is living in.

Secondly.......... you are now back peddling at the rate of knots......and most of it can be squashed if anyone takes the time to read through all your post.

I have nothing more to say.........
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-04-2013, 08:19 AM
...[snip]...
No it is not. It is dog lovers v someone to whom a dog is just a possession, to do with as you wish.

As others have said - you disgust me.
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2013, 08:34 AM
I saw the op's post before anybody else posted, and was truly disgusted, I have been more and more annoyed by this womans posts and could not believe the things she wrote and put on here. At last it seems she is hearing what she truly deserves.
Poor Jade, I cannot think about this poor girl without tears in my eyes.
All I can say I hope Nigredo does not end up the same way.
You cannot just pass the buck and blame others for poor Jades situation...you live in this household and are an adult.....is this right?
And dogs do not like to live in filth..how can you even think this...then again nothing you say surprises me anymore.
so so sad.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Here is the video of me outside playing with her after cleaning up her cage a lot. How anybody can look this dog in the face, and see how she is and say she deserves to be put down is beyond me....

I truly think that if I lived alone that I'd be able to help Jade. She was not aggressive toward me anymore, and the main reason this whole thing came about was because mother over-stepped her boundaries and got herself bitten.

I think Jade, like any dog can learn if she's placed into the right environment with the right people. I cannot help her because of my situation and family. My mother now thinks of her as a threat, and if Jade really wanted to... she could deal some serious damage.

She's not aggressive with cats, and she was even learning to not snarl at children. She was learning to walk well on a leash and was also learning house manners. Her issues with dogs will be a problem, but I think if given enough time and protected from fear and other harsh circumstances, she could get over that as well.

I can't bring myself to just put her down so easily... but I will if it boils down to it. I'm going to look all over, I know I can't re-home her because she'll totally bite anybody who even comes near her, but she's a sweet girl at heart and I have come to really love her and... as you can see... she loves me as well. I think with the right person who has patience, a GOOD muzzle, and good knowledge of dogs or the money to send her to professionals... she'd be alright.

Don't you think so?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Firstly I am not swearing at YOU, I am swearing that the AWFUL SITUATION the dog is living in.

Secondly.......... you are now back peddling at the rate of knots......and most of it can be squashed if anyone takes the time to read through all your post.

I have nothing more to say.........
You're correct. I am repeating myself for no reason. I've already said what I believe to be true and what I feel. There is truly no point in saying anything further.

Good day.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by TazJas View Post
I saw the op's post before anybody else posted, and was truly disgusted, I have been more and more annoyed by this womans posts and could not believe the things she wrote and put on here. At last it seems she is hearing what she truly deserves.
Poor Jade, I cannot think about this poor girl without tears in my eyes.
All I can say I hope Nigredo does not end up the same way.
You cannot just pass the buck and blame others for poor Jades situation...you live in this household and are an adult.....is this right?
And dogs do not like to live in filth..how can you even think this...then again nothing you say surprises me anymore.
so so sad.
I blamed myself as well. I have been attacked many times on this site for my poor dog handling and bad choices. This is not the first time, and if I am not banned, I'm sure it won't be the last. I didn't say dogs LIKED to live in filth... now did I? I was saying the main thing she was upset by was the lack of attention she was getting.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
No it is not. It is dog lovers v someone to whom a dog is just a possession, to do with as you wish.

As others have said - you disgust me.
It's actually pretty painful to hear you say that Malka, but nothing can be done about it...
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Alright, this is my FINAL post on this thread, for better or for worse! I know Jade hasn't been treated like she should have. I admit that it is at least partially my fault, and might even be mostly my fault.

I have taken an e-beating the likes I've never seen, and I've seen plenty... surely everyone here can realize that based on who I am. My mother is going to consult with a no kill shelter, who may be able to take her.

I am going to look elsewhere and see if I can get her a few more options. I will NOT put her down before everything else is exhausted. This is a neglected dog. This isn't an abused dog, I'd never physically hurt her, and my mother wouldn't either.

As hard as this is for some of you all to have to read, it's much harder for me to have to deal with. I'm from an area where dogs are mainly kept outside and where "dogs are just dogs". While I don't agree with this at all and believe dogs are safest indoors, and happiest when they can be around family... it's how it is for most of my family and most people living around me.

I'm from an area where dog fighting is really prevalent.
I'm from an area where the law rarely helps dogs.
I'm from an area where 80% of the dogs I see are pit bulls. I'm from an area where dogs have multiple bites on their record and the dogs are just returned to their owners.
I'm from an area where dog neglect is basically not even a real crime.
I'm from an area where dogs can be fighting and bystanders will stand and talk about how "hard" the winning dog is rather than help.
I'm from an area where beating a dog is "discipline".
I'm from an area where people WIRE dogs mouths shut to keep them from barking.

I have seen TERRIBLE things done to dogs by people living here. I watched my 14 year old dog Brownie be ripped up by pit bulls in his own yard. I try my hardest to take good care of my dogs, but at the end of the day, I too am unable to rise to perfection or make all the best choices. I don't even call animal control on stray pit bulls because I know they'll put them down.

I HATE to see animals hurt and suffering, and the fact that nobody believes that shows how little everyone here truly knows about me. I'm done with this thread as all the replies are the same. I "disgust" all of you. Sucks to be me, right?
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »