View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 10:17 PM
If anybody remembers Jade, the dog I was handling right after my beloved Brownie passed away, this is an update on her if you followed her sad story with me. Before you continue reading, I'm afraid I don't have any good news.

If you don't remember Jade, or me or anything else to do with anything, I'm sure somebody will end up finding tons of my old posts and you'll be able to figure it out. People here have a tendency to dig into archives for accuracy so I'm sure you'll be able to catch on...

Anyway, so today I decided to go into the backyard and check on Jade. Mind you I have Nigredo now and I (NEVER) go back there anymore. I decided today I'd go back there though. She is now back under my mother's care as some of you might know and my mother and I have been having issues deciding the dogs final fate.

In a previous post where I explained how the dog would have to live, many people said it was best to euthanize the dog. I find that rather extreme, because where I come from, most people have outdoor dogs... and honestly, I'm one of the very few people here who believe that dogs belong indoors.

Anyway, I went back there to find her living quarters in a VERY sorry state. There was poo everywhere, apparently my mother never cleans any of it out. The dog has gained a load of weight because apparently my brother decided he'd back out of walking her and my mother never does it as she's rather arthritic and cannot walk our hilly roads at all.

She had only green goop for water, no clean water in sight and her dog house was tilted way sideways, super lopsided and full of dirt and filth. Jade seemed VERY happy to see me and in good condition other than quite a few pounds heavier than when I relinquished her.

There was also tons of garbage in her cage, I have no idea how it even got there to be honest. There was only dust... rocky, poop covered dust on the ground. Nothing soft or clean to lay on at all.

The cage isn't TINY, but it isn't large either so she needs to be brought out each day for walks and affection, yet she's only brought in at night, and then she's put back in there each morning. My mother usually brings her in and then takes her back out in the mornings.

I wrote about issues with Jade and my late dog Brownie long ago was ripped to shreds as a horrible person and a non dog lover. I don't believe I deserved the terrible things many people said to me and I don't feel that I should have to defend myself as a person who isn't terrible.

I'm a good person and I did what I could and I'm doing what I can. I am true to my feelings and I love dogs... no matter what it may seem. I'm not perfect but I admit my mistakes, so please... That's all I'm going to say about it. The video will be up within a few days... it will take a while to put together the clips and whatnot.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Well it seems to me Jade has fulfilled the role you created for her - as a comforter after you lost Brownie and discarded when you got Nigredo.

I would rather be homeless and sleeping on the streets than allow a dog that I owned lived in the conditions that Jade is being forced to live in.

I don't feel any sympathy for you and I certainly do not believe you are a dog lover. You didn't have the courage to euthanize Jade after her attack on your mother and left her to a far worse fate.

You could if you were so inclined, visit Jade 2 or 3 times per day, walk her, play with her and exercise her - you've chosen not to and instead have focussed all your affection on your new dog.

I have never felt so distressed by a so-called "lover of dogs" story. I hope you feel sufficiently ashamed of yourself.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Well it seems to me Jade has fulfilled the role you created for her - as a comforter after you lost Brownie and discarded when you got Nigredo.

I would rather be homeless and sleeping on the streets than allow a dog that I owned lived in the conditions that Jade is being forced to live in.

I don't feel any sympathy for you and I certainly do not believe you are a dog lover. You didn't have the courage to euthanize Jade after her attack on your mother and left her to a far worse fate.

You could if you were so inclined, visit Jade 2 or 3 times per day, walk her, play with her and exercise her - you've chosen not to and instead have focussed all your affection on your new dog.

I have never felt so distressed by a so-called "lover of dogs" story. I hope you feel sufficiently ashamed of yourself.
I couldn't have put it better myself. I've been unable to respond to any of Myra's threads since she abandoned Jade finding it too upsetting to think about Jade.

I cannot BELIEVE someone could live in the same house as a dog they once 'owned' and not even look in on it. Just carry on as if the dog never existed.

Hell I would not neglect to look in on a dog in the same road, or the next road if I thought it was not being treated well.

Myra lives in her parents' house Jade is in the yard. I still cannot believe anyone could just 'switch off' to a dog like this. Hell if its quarters are in the state she describes here I am surprised she couldn't SMELL them.

I've never put anyone on ignore in my life but I am doing so now because I just cannot bear to even be tempted out of pity for a dog to read any more of this sort of stuff.

That poor dog. Ill treated, treated like a second class dog when Brownie was alive, given hope and a loving home for a short while then back to being ill treated and able to see that the one person who showed it kindness now has a 'new dog' and ignores them.

I am logging off with tears in my eyes for poor old Jade. You are no 'animal lover' Myra and in my humble opinion you spend more time making videos of your dogs than you do doing anything more useful with them.

From what you have said it would appear you are going to video the conditions poor Jade is in now? You could clean her quarters instead - not wanting to keep her 'for yourself' doesn't mean you could not still spend a bit of time with her, play with her, take her some treats, feed her - ANYTHING!

I'm disgusted and very upset. Can hardly believe this. I found it hard to understand how so many could just be ooohing and aaahing over your latest puppy without a thought for Jade. I will find it totally unbelievable if ANYONE isn't downright appalled at this news.
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2013, 11:13 PM
I'll ditto what Tangutica and Baxter8 have said. I have also not bothered replying to your posts recently. How long did you have your pup before you were getting annoyed about it behaving like a pup? Not long.

How long will it be before you give up on the puppy and it becomes another yard dog?

Poor, poor Jade.

HOW can you behave like that???????????????? Blame others? Your mother, your brother.

Get real and take responsibility for the poor dog.

If my mother had treated my dog that way, I'd have moved into the barn with my dog AND looked after her.

I am truly disgusted.
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Dog lover ... yeah right , as long as it suits you to be , then onto the scrap heap they go

You should be ashamed of yourself

A true dog lover would treat every dog as equal and make sure they all had the same kind of care and attention , whether they were indoor or outdoor dogs and whether they actually 'belonged' to you or not
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Hi, people! I'm going to get rid of Jade ASAP! You guys must have mistaken me to leave her like this. I won't allow my mother to treat her like this, and I know I can't truly care for her either. I understand how everyone feels, and I feel the same way. Both I, and my mother have failed her 100%
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Tangutica, of course I cleaned up her quarters! Why did you assume I didn't? I knew you were already judging me and this situation based on your sudden lack of any communication with me. It has been hard for me since my dog Brownie died, and it wasn't that I "threw away" Jade.

Of all people, I thought you might have been able to understand why I did what I did, but it seems not! You didn't say anything, you sat silently and resented me for trying to move on with my life and cope with the loss of my best friend and the horrible decision of Jade having to go back outside when I was just starting to REALLY love her.

I've spoken to my mother and we are going to get rid of Jade as soon as possible. I gave her an ultimatum saying I'd call ASPCA and police on her and she agreed to get rid of Jade. We have set up a meeting with a local no kill shelter who says they might be able to take her. If it turns out they cannot, we will have her euthanized as soon as possible. I'm doing what I think is right, I'm not going to leave her in there like that. I do blame myself a LOT, and I also blame my mother.

You people don't know me, and you don't know what I go through. You don't know what kind of life I've had to live. You don't know my family, you don't know my situation, you know pretty much nothing about me! I'm not "ashamed of myself" because I know that I NEVER had intentions to harm Jade!

I don't want to euthanize Jade, I don't like to kill or hurt animals. I did the best I could to try and make Jade as my new dog, I really did! In the end, I live with several other people, and their safety and well being comes before the dogs, no matter what.

I HATE that this has happened and it kills me that nothing else can be done. At this point in time, I'm pretty sure I can't do anything else. Nobody will take a 9+ year old GSD with severe aggression issues, okay? I adore how people think I'm terrible and care nothing about the dog. It's not like that... not at all. I almost cried when I saw her cage, and I didn't cry when Brownie died.

I'll allow people to think what they want, and block me and everything else they feel is necessary but I'm going to end with this... this is the LAST thing I wanted for a dog who, evidenced by our videos a while ago.. deserves SO much more.

Also, the video shows that I DID clean her cage and I also played with her and everything. I also examined her for injury or strange health problems and looked at her poo and everything. I mainly shot video in case my mother tries to pull a fast one since I actually did clean the cage and it's previous conditions are solid evidence that she's being poorly cared for and are excellent grounds for animal control or another organization to step in and help me.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Hi, people! I'm going to get rid of Jade ASAP! You guys must have mistaken me to leave her like this. I won't allow my mother to treat her like this, and I know I can't truly care for her either. I understand how everyone feels, and I feel the same way. Both I, and my mother have failed her 100%
Anyway, so today I decided to go into the backyard and check on Jade. Mind you I have Nigredo now and I (NEVER) go back there anymore. I decided today I'd go back there though.
Are you serious?? You did leave her like that you even said it in your first post. Is your memory really that bad? If it is, I don't feel bad for you but for Nigredo and any other dog that is unfortunate enough to end up with you and your family. Your mother should have let Jade go the minute she was brought home since it's apparent no one wanted her in the first place. You think you did her a service by "saving" her when she was a puppy, when you all gave her a death sentence even before she was truly given a chance.

I won't allow my mother to treat her like this,
Umm, yeah you have let her treat Jade like this her whole life so stop kidding yourself.

Both I, and my mother have failed her 100%
This is the first time i've ever agreed with you...how sad under the circumstances.

Your post is repulsive and if I knew where you live I would have made sure you were all reported, not just your mother...but yourself as well.

You are NOT a good person and from this post and all your other ridiculous posts prove that.

You deserve everything people have said to you about your lack of good judgement and I feel no pity for you.

There is so much more I want to say to you, but it's so hard through writing. I would definitely make you feel like a piece of garbage if I could talk to you. What i'm writing may be harsh but the life Jade has lived because of your lack of love for her makes you deserve it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 01:34 AM
I don't feel like a piece of garbage at all. I didn't try and harm the dog, and Jade was gotten by my mother when I was still school age.

Everyone is going to stand against me and call me terrible names, but I know what my intentions were and I think I'm a good person. Timber if you want to know where I live, I'll tell you and everybody else on this entire site, alright? I fear nothing and I hide nothing. The video I will post will confirm that.

I don't need pity from anybody, I'm a headstrong person and I can handle a bunch of rip from the internet, believe that. You could not make me feel like anything, you'd get a cold shoulder from me because no matter how bad something I might have done might be, I won't just stand and be judged by a complete stranger. Understand? I post here trying to let my feelings out and let people into my life so maybe they can understand.

Moreover I never saved Jade when she was a puppy. My mother always cared for the dog up until a while ago, she was an adult- about 8 years old.. when I brought her into the house to be around Brownie more because she began barking really badly and my mother said she'd get rid of Jade.

I live near Atlanta, there is a LOT of violent crime and also horrible dog fighting. If you think for one second something would happen to me or my mother for a bit of green water and a poop clogged cage you must really live in a paradise. The worst that would happen is they'd take the dog, and that's truly the worst that would happen. Are you serious? She's healthy, has no bite record and is muzzled in public like she's supposed to be. I know that what we've done is wrong, but honestly... it could be so much worse.

When you live in a country where things like http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/04/ju...1st-amendment/ THAT are allowed to happen, you begin to realize the insignificance of dog neglect in terms of the law. I was irritated by how strikingly bad it was and I cleaned it and am going to remove the dog from that very soon, but I refuse to accept that I'm a horrible person... no matter how many people say it to me :/

And as a last note, if I didn't come here and actually say all this, nobody would believe that the dog lived in such poor conditions. She's not emaciated or underfed, she's not filthy or caked with dirt or mud, she moves extremely well for her age and breed, she doesn't flinch or ground around her owners as we NEVER hit or strike our pets and she seems like a generally happy and outgoing dog when around her owners. I come here, am honest about my failures as a human being and dog owner... and I get called garbage. Just what I need! Thanks a lot!
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Jade being neglected is just as bad as being physically and emotionally abused.

Your intentions were short lived and you seemed bothered be the hard work Jade needed to rectify the horrible life she's led.

I can never understand a person like you and your lack of compassion. You think you love Jade yet she is left in a kennel living in absolute filth. You even mentioned that you never go back there not that you have Nigredo.

If you want to do Jade any good, get her the hell out of your property into a place where she can be rehabilitated and truly loved.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »