View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Timber - this thread might fill in a lot of the background. It's the thread that first brought Jade to my attention. I felt sorry for her then and feel even more sorry for her now. At least (apart from the kick from Myra's mother today) she's known some affection and kindness in her last days/weeks.

A bit of advice please? LONG (update @post83)
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think given the situation all round, and the life Jade is going to have to live, (locked outside in a enclosure) and losing the bond she has started to gain with you, I think the best thing for this girl is to have her PTS.

I know this is not a popular option, but look at the facts, no one trusts her, she will be confined to a enclosure for most of her life, she is going to revert to type if she does not get constant attention and bonding.

If you can guarantee you could find her a home with someone who can accommodate her problems , then I would suggest you try to re-home her, but if you send her to resue with her history of biting, what would be the outcome.

I think you have tried, but it sadly has not worked, with the living arrangements you have and people disliking and distrusting her I don`t know what other options you have.

Sad to hear this is happened, and don`t envy your choices .
I am so sorry that this has happened and I mirror everything Jackbox has said (above). Just handing Jade (who isn't a young dog) back to your Mum who clearly doesn't like her anyway is not a satisfactory option. I too would have her PTS.
So sorry for you ((hugs)) and maybe one day when you are living in your own home and make the rules, you can get another dog.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2013, 02:53 PM

to me, not Jade is the bad part of that sad story
to me your mother is!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I just had my baby boy put down last month. It was so terrible, I loved him so much. Now you're saying I need to have Jade put down? OMG! Put another animal down? I've come to love Jade, but I know that she cannot be in the house anymore. I'm seriously crying my eyes out, and I didn't even cry when he died!

Right now I'm stuck here, I cannot move out or trust me... I would have taken Jade and RUN from my mother long ago. I... can't have her put down. It might be wrong, it might be selfish, it might be stupid, but I know that I cannot do it. There is no chance I'll be able to cope with having both Brownie and Jade put down in such a close time frame.

Jade is nearly 10 years old, aggressive with most adults to some degree and aggressive with children. She's also aggressive with dogs for the most part and likes cats, but is aggressive with aggressive cats, instead of passive like she should be. I also live in an area where dogs are dying left and right because nobody wants them.

If I have Jade put down, it'll have to wait a while.. I can't deal with another dog dying right now. I can't even bear thinking about it. As I no longer have a dog, and don't plan on having a dog for quite some time, I'm going to leave this site. Thanks everyone, for everything.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Myra, please do not leave Dogsey - you are a part of the Dogsey family and would be sorely missed if you go.

You did your best for Jade so hold your head up high girl - and look forward to a happier future.

(((hugs)))

Malka & Pereg xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Really sorry to hear all this. At least you tried with jade which us more than anyone in your family has and any guilt should be laid on them and not you. If you can't PTS is there any reason why you can't carry on exercising and feeding her?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 08:49 PM
It's a shame if you leave here - you are as important a member as any of us and we have all been through a lot.

If Jade is no longer allowed in the house, she can still have a good quality of life if you still exercise her, feed and groom her but most importantly love her . If she was use to living outdoors before, she can get use to it again. But you need to be the one who solely cares for her and not your Mother.

If you are handing Jade's responsibility back to your Mum, which I understood from your first post that is what you planned to do, then having her PTS would be the most selfless thing to do.

(((hugs))) to you and I hope we still see you around.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:40 AM
I've not read everything that has happened, but I do think your mother was silly to do what she did, the incident was entirely her fault.

If she kicked Jade and the dog peed, then she is scared. She may guard because she is scared.

The stuff you mention with cats etc - not all dogs get on with cats, even the amazing well trained ones. Don't let that influence you too much unless of course you have cats in which case it is more difficult.

I do not think Jade belongs with your mother - that is being unfair to her. No dog deserves to belong to someone that doesn't like them

I understand your grief and sadness but please think of Jade, you can do her a kindness rather than condemn her to a life of neglect, not being wanted and general unhappiness.

You need to think about things like having her claws cut, and what if she ever gets ill? How can she be handled? The future doesn't look too good for her. Maybe wait a few weeks, be strong and have her put to sleep with love and positivity, kindness and strength, (you are very strong and brave, you know ) unless something really amazing crops up in the mean time.

Bless you.

Wys
x
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Can you try to contact some rescue groups and behaviorists to see if they can take Jade in? I know it's harder to do with a dog with her history, but I know help has been found for dogs with a hard past that made them almost unadoptable.

You never know, rescues might not be able to take her in but they may know of someone who might.

I hope all hope isn't done for Jade.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:20 PM
can't you talk a serious word with your mom?

it wasn't Jades fault! it was hers!
she had should leave her fingers off her!

sorry, but I'm really getting angry here

and it's not our right, to decide above live or dead so easily

and I just can imagine, that you never could forgive yourself ever, if you ever would put her down to sleep

stand up at your feet and fight for Jade!
and if it has to be against your mother!

she is your dog and has deserve that!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »