View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm very sorry for you. It sounds like you have no choice.
I know it's hard for you but even if you did get your dog back it would be no life for a dog.

Try to remember all the good times you had with your dog.

Think of you.
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:32 PM
thanks for the positive words; i cannot tell you how much it helps me!!! i just wish there was some magic way to turn back time; but we all have wished that, and we have to deal with the HERE AND NOW, unfortunately!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh, no. I'm sorry. I have a dog that will bite children as well. I hate to think how terrible it would be if she got loose and there was a child around. Don't be so hasty to put her down. I got a muzzle for my dog Jade whenever she goes outside. It's a hassle, but it keeps her from being able to bite anybody while she's in training.

I have an unfenced yard and escape is always a chance that's run. I'm from Georgia, one state up from you, so I know how it can be. The laws ARE serious on pit bull bites on children. If it's any other breed, they tend to let it go, but pit bull type breeds get an UGLY boot. However; if they didn't mandate that you have her put down, I don't think you should run and have it done.

If you do have her put down.. I'm sorry for you and her. While I'm glad you're doing the responsible thing, as dog owners we owe it to our dogs to be better than that. My old dog Brownie just died and he loved children and would never bite one.

This new dog I have is aggressive like yours. I saw ONE hint of aggression from Jade towards a child while she was leashed and it meant a muzzle, for a LONG time when outside. Please don't get another dog any time soon, this truly could have been prevented.
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 05:36 PM
it really could not have been prevented; as she pushed the door open and got out the lanai door; i am trying to be a responsible adult and so it doesn't happen to a little walking down the street or to one of my kids' friends; my gosh, that would be devastating. the fees and citations would be $1,000 this month; could you afford that?? and she would be IN HOME prison!! no time to come out and run or play, just to pee; with a muzzle and no outside world. i am trying to do the right thing here!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 05:43 PM
I think, given what's happened and what they've insisted would have to happen in future and your financial situation - you don't really have any other choices do you?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by alex1098 View Post
it really could not have been prevented; as she pushed the door open and got out the lanai door; i am trying to be a responsible adult and so it doesn't happen to a little walking down the street or to one of my kids' friends; my gosh, that would be devastating. the fees and citations would be $1,000 this month; could you afford that?? and she would be IN HOME prison!! no time to come out and run or play, just to pee; with a muzzle and no outside world. i am trying to do the right thing here!!
Alright. Firstly, my current dog is a house dog. ALL my dogs are house dogs. She enjoys being in the house and dogs don't belong outside all the time. Your dog would not be a prisoner. 1,000 dollars is a lot of money and even if I couldn't afford it (which I can't really afford that), for my dog I'd find the money, even if it got me in debt.

If there was a 1,000 fee for someone holding your kids, I KNOW you'd find the money, and FAST! I take my dog Jade on long walks, and I also jog around the yard with her even though she's not allowed off the lead. She's a happy dog and enjoys her time with me, whether inside or outside..

My last dog escaped, and he bit another persons dog. I offered to pay ALL his vet bills, even though I probably couldn't afford it. But for me to say it could not have been prevented would be a blatant LIE. I wasn't careful enough and I accidentally let him escape. It COULD have been prevented.

I keep Jade muzzled when outside, she does JUST fine on a muzzle. She doesn't hate it or anything and people here who have seen her videos can vouch for that. Dogs are not prisoners inside or on leashes. Your dog would prefer that life over DEATH, I'm sure of that.

I understand you're trying to do the right thing, and I truly applaud you for this as well. Make NO mistake, your dog needs to be trained. My dog, Jade is in training. I have NO intention of letting her remain super aggressive and muzzled for the duration of her life. Even if this were the case, and she could not get acclimated to children... it would be fine.

Long steady walks each day are what dogs NEED. If they have those, a good diet, good medical care, and tons of attention from their owners.. they are fine. Dogs don't hate muzzles and they don't need to be able to run loose to be happy pets.

I understand that you cannot really afford it, which is my main concern. I'm sorry if I was impudent or rude, I just love dogs and I'd hate to see a dog put down because of something like this.

Please, by all means... do what you think is right. Good day to you madam.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Forgive me if I am wrong here. But something doesn't seem quite right to me. Alex you were posting at 2.48pm telling us about putting peroxide on the ladies arm, and then you posted 11 mins later telling us they had come and taken your dog away. Telling you all about the citations, fines, checking your dogs up to date on rabies shots and taking your dog away, all in 11 mins.
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 07:32 PM
i was trying to help the lady out and see how bad the bite was; so i used the peroxide, they left, and about 10 minutes later the animal COPS came, told me what would happen, and took my dog, as they saw this was the second time it happened; i have a severe nerve disease called RSD, which i s now considered the most painful chronic disease in the world; i cannot walk her anywhere; there is much more in my life that what you are reading; i thought this was a posting spot for folks who are sympathetic and not judgemental; maybe i should close my account, as i am very upset now, and cannot take much more...
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 07:36 PM
I can't see how someone asking you a simple question about the chronology of events because they are confused can be seen as them being unsympathetic and judgemental?

Reading all the posts by you in quick succession. That all this was happening and you were on the computer posting about it too - I hadn't realised it was in 'real time' the first time I read the thread. I'm confused by it too now.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Forgive me if I am wrong here. But something doesn't seem quite right to me. Alex you were posting at 2.48pm telling us about putting peroxide on the ladies arm, and then you posted 11 mins later telling us they had come and taken your dog away. Telling you all about the citations, fines, checking your dogs up to date on rabies shots and taking your dog away, all in 11 mins.
I read it as Alex put peroxide on the ladies arm when it happened not at that particular time.

Alex I am so sorry that this has happened to you and your dog.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »