Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I've had my flexi since about 1983 never had a problem with it and although it hardly ever gets used these days it's still working just fine.
Your flexi is older than me
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Your flexi is older than me
And me
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 09:04 PM
I use a flexi for Izzy now when we walk round the pitch and putt course at night when all the bunnies are about. We let her off on a long line and still managed to lose her so now I put her on a long-line and attach the flexi-lead to the D-ring at the end of this.

Anywhere else I can let her off lead with no problems and she is very good at recall but this particular walk just has too many temptations in the guise of bunnies!

Did get a bit monotonous the other night on our walk though as the other dog walkers we met all said "Your dog has a very long lead". Glad it was a quiet night -too many people stating the obvious could be rather tedious as when people say to me "you have 2 dogs"!
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Not read all the thread but thought I would post story of a poor dog I heard about on a Flexi Lead.
Owner had her Toy Poodle on a flexi and was walking it along the pavement. Toy Poodle went between parked cars and was run over on the road by a passing car. Poor dog
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Not read all the thread but thought I would post story of a poor dog I heard about on a Flexi Lead.
Owner had her Toy Poodle on a flexi and was walking it along the pavement. Toy Poodle went between parked cars and was run over on the road by a passing car. Poor dog
That is sad sounds like it was more of the owner using it irresponsibly, than a problem with the actual lead though.

If I use a flexi by the road (I walk a friends elderly dog on a flexi) then I always have it locked, and use it at the same length as a normal lead... If I get one for Jake and use it on the pavement (doubt I will though), then again it will be on a short length... I think it is common sense to not let the dog have full range of the lead by the road.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 09:13 PM
That's a sad story . When I had Cherry I used to walk her on a flexi and the brake failed one day as we were walking along near a main road. She went after a small dog that was being walked off-leash and it nearly ran into the road to get away from her. Felt awful and couldn't apologise enough but at least when I see the owner now he does have his dog on a leash.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-09-2011, 08:23 AM
I can tell you then same story , only its a Boxer in mine.....

The point being ofcause anyone can abuse them, they are not meant for this type of walking , but used correctly, they are a godsend fro many dog owners!
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9