Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-01-2011, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Austin, and I have got you (well almost, I thought Austin W*** was a man your profile says you are female).

ETA Did you read our Posting Guide Lines, this one in particular..
''Another form of spamming is when someone uses the site to advertise something, it could be a website, a puppy, a product, or basically anything that the person wants to advertise. This is not allowed whatsoever ''
Hello Minihaha,

I noticed that too, but when I click on the profile option I can't find an 'edit' button. If you can change it at your end please feel free.

Of course I read the posting guidelines, and I stand by my statement, I don't need to promote or sell anything here...the Google banner ads on this site already do that quite adequately, thank you What I do object to though is uninformed opinion and more so uninformed opinion that causes some fairly 'uncharitable', ignorant and intimidating statements being directed towards what are essentially caring and sensible dog owners based on their choice of equipment. So, rather than uninformed emotive opinion I prefer to provide actual and factual information and non judgemental debate to create some balance, is that also frowned upon and not allowed whatsoever? Unless I'm very much mistaken there's an entire thread here basically advertising specific brands of headcollar, it's a fine line, isn't it?

regards,

Austin (male)
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by LuvMyDog View Post
Hello Minihaha,

What I do object to though is uninformed opinion and more so uninformed opinion that causes some fairly 'uncharitable', ignorant and intimidating statements being directed towards what are essentially caring and sensible dog owners based on their choice of equipment.

Unless I'm very much mistaken there's an entire thread here basically advertising specific brands of headcollar, it's a fine line, isn't it?

regards,

Austin (male)

I'm sure MINIHAHA will be along to answer in due course.

Meanwhile just to note: I don't know whom you're accusing of being 'uncharitable, ignorant and intimidating' - my posts have been purely about headcollars and nothing else.

As for 'advertising' - oh, come on now. If someone asks for advice about headcollars (or any other item) then naturally those of us that use them will recommend what works for us!

In threads about food I always recommend Fish4Dogs - will you also be joining those threads and accusing me or others of 'advertising'.....?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Hello Minihaha,

I noticed that too, but when I click on the profile option I can't find an 'edit' button. If you can change it at your end please feel free.
Austin if you post about this in forum support Admin will advise you
Of course I read the posting guidelines, and I stand by my statement, I don't need to promote or sell anything here...the Google banner ads on this site already do that quite adequately, thank you What I do object to though is uninformed opinion and more so uninformed opinion that causes some fairly 'uncharitable', ignorant and intimidating statements being directed towards what are essentially caring and sensible dog owners based on their choice of equipment. So, rather than uninformed emotive opinion I prefer to provide actual and factual information and non judgemental debate to create some balance, is that also frowned upon and not allowed whatsoever? Unless I'm very much mistaken there's an entire thread here basically advertising specific brands of headcollar, it's a fine line, isn't it?
regards,
Austin (male)
Austin what I find not just uncharitable but also devious is people who join sites then jump right in to conversations posing as caring dog owners 'adding balance' when all the time they are a front for a company selling devices which have no place on a site for dog lovers .

This thread is for dog owning members talking about head collars not salesmen promoting devices which most caring dog owners think should be banned.
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Austin if you post about this in forum support Admin will advise you
Austin what I find not just uncharitable but also devious is people who join sites then jump right in to conversations posing as caring dog owners 'adding balance' when all the time they are a front for a company selling devices which have no place on a site for dog lovers .

This thread is for dog owning members talking about head collars not salesmen promoting devices which most caring dog owners think should be banned.

Hello Minihaha,

Since I can't access the messaging system yet I'll have to reply to this one here, feel free to move it if necessary, although I don't see an alternative thread it relates to either.

Well, what else can I say but nice bias, I'd have hoped Admin would be more impartial but hey ho. I didn't realise my occupation automatically excluded me from being either a dog owner or a dog lover. Do you honestly think the piece of equipment in question is not being used by any members of this site? Some would probably come as such a surprise to you too, are they not dog lovers anymore either?

Apart from curiosity of the source of incomming traffic it's always useful to touch base with owners and their views. To date I could have recommended products to at least 6 posters within the last week, and that's just me being lazy by not spending enough time on those forums to find more. But, as I'm not here to solicit business nothing has been said. Anyway, if I were here to solicit business it'd be so under the radar you wouldn't even notice, but to be honest that's like being in the office in my own time so I'd rather just compare and share information because chatting about dogs and kit 'is' something I do in my own time.

Did like "devices which most caring dog owners think should be banned." though, no doubt you have an actual statistic or is it an emotive opinion?

regards,

Austin
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Hello Minihaha,

Since I can't access the messaging system yet I'll have to reply to this one here, feel free to move it if necessary, although I don't see an alternative thread it relates to either.

Well, what else can I say but nice bias, I'd have hoped Admin would be more impartial but hey ho. I didn't realise my occupation automatically excluded me from being either a dog owner or a dog lover.
Ausin yes I am bias when it comes to people using painful and unnecesary devices on dogs.
No your occupation doesn't exclude you from being a dog owner.
Do you honestly think the piece of equipment in question is not being used by any members of this site? Some would probably come as such a surprise to you too, are they not dog lovers anymore either?

Apart from curiosity of the source of incomming traffic it's always useful to touch base with owners and their views. To date I could have recommended products to at least 6 posters within the last week, and that's just me being lazy by not spending enough time on those forums to find more. But, as I'm not here to solicit business nothing has been said. Anyway, if I were here to solicit business it'd be so under the radar you wouldn't even notice,
if you solicit business then that would be spamming and treated as such
but to be honest that's like being in the office in my own time so I'd rather just compare and share information because chatting about dogs and kit 'is' something I do in my own time.

Did like "devices which most caring dog owners think should be banned." though, no doubt you have an actual statistic or is it an emotive opinion?
Austin
i'm not interested in statistics and I don't need any to tell me that the devices you sell are unnecessary and cause pain .
I have requested that you stay on topic as has the thread starter. Any further off topic posts will be deleted.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9