Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:10 PM

Am I being over sensitive

this ad really upset me today,and a friend said theres nowt wrong with how they are being kept,heres the ad for GSD pups,

Beautiful, healthy German Shepherd puppies. Pure white, white bloodline. Champions in bloodline. Big head and big boned puppies. Full pedigree and KC reg. Mother and Father are here. Very low hip score, elbow score 0-0 in family. Parents excellent temperament, very friendly with children and other dogs. Boys and Girls available. To avoid disappointment, deposit secures, early deposit allows you to request name of your choice on KC papers. Free 6 weeks insurance and free puppy pack. After sale guidance for life. See photos/call for more information. Price from £500
Wendy
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Doesnt't look like any bedding to me I remember when no one ever kept the white pups in a litter.
No, i dont think you are being over sensitive.

Jeanette
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:29 PM
No, you're not being oversensitive! They look like they're being kept in some sort of out-house with no bedding at all. Those poor pups,they should be in a home,being exposed to normal everyday life, especially being the breed they are.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:39 PM
I stared at the photo for ages trying to make out whether its vetbed on the floor but even if it is (which I doubt), it looks such a horrible place
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't leave Fudge there and that is my marker point. Not being sensitive at all.....
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:46 PM
my friend just sort of made me feel bad for commenting on it,(shes looking for a pup)even though advised against these sort of ads,she knows best,and I cannot see bedding either,but am hoping they were only put there whilst bedding area was cleaned,I am a dreamer,and like to try and think good of people,but then again if this was the case,surely they would take pics in better place,I know when I have a litter my front room becomes a nursery for up unitl they leave home,with access to outside,loads of new vet bed,
Wendy
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't see a pic
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry Picture not there, but those that have seen it agree with you, so that's all that matters xxxxx
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 01:40 PM
I didn't see a picture so it makes it hard but I would only expect to see bedding in the sleeping section of the kennel not in the run & if they were whites they'd not surely photogragh them on a white bedding. Advert somewhat bemuses me as it is obvious they are specifically breeding for whites which several members of the white & longcoat club do,but then mentions champions in the pedigree when white is a disqualifying colour for showing. At least they seem to have had health checks done prior to mating.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
I didn't see a picture so it makes it hard but I would only expect to see bedding in the sleeping section of the kennel not in the run & if they were whites they'd not surely photogragh them on a white bedding. Advert somewhat bemuses me as it is obvious they are specifically breeding for whites which several members of the white & longcoat club do,but then mentions champions in the pedigree when white is a disqualifying colour for showing. At least they seem to have had health checks done prior to mating.
The picture was of a room (appeared to an foofed outdoor room - e.g. coal bunker or bin store - no plaster on walls - brickwork painted white) that appeared to be about 4ft wide (can't tell length as photo may not have been taken from the door, but assuming it was, the room was probably about 10ft long).

The photo showed the female and the pups lying at the far end with another dog (presumably the father) lying a few feet nearer the camera

The photo was grainy, but the floor was a mottled lightish brown colour. Its possible that it was brown vet bed, but it looked like it was just ground (like a plaster colour, though you wouldn't normally plaster a floor).

As for the health testing - what they say is that they have good scores 'in the family' - to me that doesn't necessarily mean the ma & pa of the pups.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >