Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 07:55 AM

Sensitive Dog Treats

We're going to try Woody on Arden Grange Sensitive (white fish and potato) after he's finished his 3/4 days bland diet and I'm searching for some similar dog treats.

I've seen Oscars do a selection that might be worth a try but can anyone else recommend anything?

Ideally we need something similar to gravy bones/markies that we can give when we go out or he goes to bed. We also need something that is really exciting that can be cut up small for training and on walks.

I'd also love to find a rawhide equivalent (are the hooves and pigs ears OK still?) as he loves to lie on his bed once a day and have a good chew.

Typical as have recently bought a stash of stuff so we now have a fair few kilos of his old food, gravy bones and training treats to donate to a rescue centre.

Thanks for your help.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 08:00 AM
I use the Oscars treats as well as they're pet food and Month loves them. I bought their equivilent of Markies and compared the label to the pedigree chum ones I have and they is quite a difference. They are also a lot cheaper - £3.50 for a kg whereas I think Markies are around a fiver.

They also do hypo-allergenic stuff and treats for sensitive stomachs. Very few if any colour additives as well as far as I know.

I personally think Oscars are brilliant but they seem to get negative reviews on here for some reason.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 08:05 AM
How about Fish 4 Dogs treats? most of them are dried fish only so should be OK for your doglet.
Becky
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Burns and Fish4Dogs are both good I can feed both to Finn with no problems
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Yes, I've looked at fish ones, but they look rank!! Still, I guess it's not me eating them ;o)
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 08:11 AM
I get the dried pig skins instead of rawhide, they are a bit chunkier than rawhide but rolled if that makes sense, my 2 love them. Also cows ears, massive and they love them! Also black pudding sticks and stuff like that they are ok with and Mya is really sensitive but fine with these. There are also some weebox wheat and gluten free treats you can get in Wilkinsons, not too expensive either. Also tripe sticks all natural stuff like that. Good luck I'm sure he will love his new treats
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 08:12 AM
My dogs love the fish ones which is surprising as they are not too keen on fish dog food itself!
Becky
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 11:37 AM
If you go to zooplus.co.uk they do a good range of natural air dried treats with no chemicals/additives.

Also naturalpetchoice.com have a good range.

CSJ do some good treats too.

HTH
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 11:44 AM
My springer has lots of problems so reading this has really helped us too We have been using Arden Grange crunchy bites. Thanks!! xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 12:02 PM
good old fashioned chicken, cut into chunks for training.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >