View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Firstly Mo can I suggest that you read my post correctly, because at no time have I stated that I am an expert on the breed, so please don't try to rephrase my comments. Everything I have written is my opinion which has been gained from my knowledge of the breed that I have gained over my years. I do not have any qualification, so I'm not an expect.

Secondly if you had taken the time to read my posts correctly you will have seen that I never said you could of entered Merlin into a German show. What I said was "that if he was to be put up against a German champion dobe".

Thirdly no one has asked you to justify your dog. Dawn and I were just having a discussion about him that's all.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yes I think so, he is Millie's daddy

A Belgium import.

Just to add,

An undershot jaw is one in which the bottom jaw is longer than the upper jaw.

An overshot jaw is one in which the upper jaw is longer than the lower
Doberman Pinscher Teeth strongly developed and white. Lower incisors upright and touching inside of upper incisors a true scissors bite. 42 correctly placed teeth, 22 in the lower, 20 in the upper jaw. Distemper teeth shall not be penalized. Disqualifying Faults: Overshot more than 3/16 of an inch. Undershot more than 1/8 of an inch. Four or more missing teeth.

Trying to compare a Boxer with a Dobes is like trying to compare a Poodle with a GSd. The only similarity is that they are both dogs.

As I know nothing about a Boxer I have taken the following info from the Kennel Club breed standard: Mouth: Undershot jaw, canines set wide apart with incisors (six) in straight line in lower jaw. In upper jaw set in line curving slightly forward. Bite powerful and sound, with teeth set in normal arrangement.

So as you can see, by using a boxer as an example makes your point irrelevant as the two breeds can not be compared to each other. Whereas one is bred for it's udershot jaw and the other is only permitted to have no more than 1/8 of an inch.
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2008, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=Colin;1330585]Firstly Mo can I suggest that you read my post correctly, because at no time have I stated that I am an expert on the breed, so please don't try to rephrase my comments. Everything I have written is my opinion which has been gained from my knowledge of the breed that I have gained over my years. I do not have any qualification, so I'm not an expect.

Secondly if you had taken the time to read my posts correctly you will have seen that I never said you could of entered Merlin into a German show. What I said was "that if he was to be put up against a German champion dobe".

Thirdly no one has asked you to justify your dog. Dawn and I were just having a discussion about him that's all.

Hi Colin

Merlin is not and never will be a Champion anywhere in the world, so he would never go up against a German Champion, he is how ever my champion and always will be in my eye's, he has been shown lightly here in France and has always been given a mark of excellent, wether you decide to belive this is up to you I really don't care, what I do take umbridge to is being called a liar in a roundabout way and not just by you, Merlin doesn't enjoy the show life that some dogs do which is why he's no longer shown no other reason than that, the happyness and welfare of my dogs will always come first.
I'm sorry if I read your post wrong I've had a long weekend
so I apologise for that your not an expert because if you where you would see that his mouth was correct, also that his coat is fine too, you are more than welcome to come and visit and see Merlin in the flesh.
Below is a Euro dog with smudge marks on his chest also just a few details of him.

Mo and the Gang xx

Youthwinner 2000 Amsterdam

Winner 2000 Amsterdam

Sieger Nordrhein 2001

Sieger Westfalen 2001

Luxembourgh Champion

Clubwinner 2001 & 2004

Best Dutch Dobermann male 2001 in Holland

Dutch Champion

Int. Champion

Best male at the Dutch Champion Show 2002

German VDH. Champion

Bundessieger 2002

German Champion

Vice-WorldWinner 2003

Europa-Sieger 2004

DV-Sieger 2004
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I recognise that dog, I think its "Graaf Hajo Gino V Neerlands Stam" Beautiful Dog.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Lovely dog, and I am glad you put him up for critique.

Its nice to see a European dog added to the list.

And on a personal note, I do not support cropping, but I can still admire a good head with a good crop....

A good crop makes a good head stunning..
My sentiments exactly, he's a stunning dog
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Lovely dog, and I am glad you put him up for critique.

Its nice to see a European dog added to the list.

And on a personal note, I do not support cropping, but I can still admire a good head with a good crop....

A good crop makes a good head stunning..
He's lovely, and a nice crop. Stunning dog!
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I recognise that dog, I think its "Graaf Hajo Gino V Neerlands Stam" Beautiful Dog.
Spot on also Merlins sire which is where he gets his smudge chest markings from

Mo and the Gang xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Don't know much about dobes to be able to give a critique. All I can say is Merlin is stunning and a much better build than any dobes I have seen.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Just out of interest in reading this thread, Colin, have you even shown any of your dobes, other people's dobes or judged dobes professionally? I'm not picking i'm just interested how involved you have been in the show side of dobes.

Also as far as I was aware there are no disqualifying faults in the uk apart from illegal doings obviously (ears, tails...)? Correct me someone if i'm wrong?

JMO but this dog is certainly not undershot, i'd eat my hat! I can't see how or where people are seeing that???
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Colin the boxer was used to show you the lip placement of an undershot jaw, underneath is then the picture of Merlin which clearly shows he does not have an undershot jaw.
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
[I]
Trying to compare a Boxer with a Dobes is like trying to compare a Poodle with a GSd. The only similarity is that they are both dogs.

Just out of curiosity have you ever owned a dobe before? As I said in post 20 I have had dobes in my life for 49 years, so believe me when I say that I know what I’m talking about concerning this breed of dog, and Merlin has got a undershot jaw.
Colin, the point of me showing the picture of the Boxer was to show "you" what an undershot jaw looks like.

At no time was I trying to compare the two breeds....I know my Boxer from a Dobe and GS from a Poodle.
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >