View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toller_obsessed
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Tango doesn't really have a very good reasoning for her name. I'd always wanted my first Toller to be called Tango, and eventhough she isn't purebred, the name still fitted her and she was the closest dog I was going to get to having a Toller for a while.

Winston & Morgan came with their names. I'm not sure how Tia got her name, as I had nothing to do with naming her.

my next Toller will mostly likely be called River, but I'm not sure. We'll see if it fits her when the time comes.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-08-2006, 04:10 PM
This could be a long post but here goes.

Ludmilla after the Russian gymnast. The Olypic games were on when I was expecting my daughter and my hubby wanted to call her wither Olga or Ludmilla . He did not get his way so when I got my first Borzoi Bitch I gave in and let him call her Ludmilla.

Rye because his registered name is Mischran Coming Thru' the Rye.

Pellow after Marti Pellow of the Group West Wet Wet not because I'm a big fan but because when we picked him up from the breeder in Wales we couldn't decide on a pet name and while we were driving home he drooled as most pups do , but he drooled so very much I remarked to my husband the towels wet, he's wet . I'm wet in fact it's wet, wet,wet, didn't want to call him Marti so settled on Pellow.

Brodie my cream dacchie after the film The Prime of Miss Jean Bodie, and because I wanted him registered as Polinard Creme de la creme, but unfortunately someone had already used this.

Faun my other little cream Dacchie girl because she reminds me of a little Faun.

Keri my Birman cat after the Kerry Blue Terrier because of the brilliant blue of her eyes.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm quite big on names, I like them to have meaning. I'm pretty sure that when I get my dog it will be called Judah, (pronounced Joo-da) after the Lion of Judah that features on the flag of Ethiopia. I think the Akita is a powerful and 'majestic' breed so i think it's quite fitting.
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by chelsea
The dogs names i have had

Frist dog Butch picked that name cos my mum had a dog called Butch when i was young.

Next dog was Tara just thought of the name and liked it.

Next dog Tammy dont know why i picked that name.

Next dog chelsea heard someone call there daughter and liked the name.

Chelsea had pups and i kept one and called her Lucy cos her nickname that i used to call the pups so i knew who was who was Lucylocket.

Chelsea had another litter and another nickname was Spot and i kept that pup and kept the name.

All those dogs were cavalier king charles spaniels.

Then i got another dog and called him Spencer hes a springer and hes name comes from spencer in Eastenders.
Awwwwww bless i forgot to add my little Amy shes a CKCS
my daughter picked her name.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Chester (field spaniel) came from a angling series called "a passion for angling".. guy had a flat coated retriever called Chester.. really liked it.

Mia (lhasa x min LH dax) Mia means "my" in italian.. she was my long waited for little dog.. she`s mine all mine

Freya (northern inuit) Freya was the norse goddess of love, fertility and relationships.. thought that was lovely.. also sound good with Mia
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3