Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2010, 07:19 PM

Help he's driving me nuts!

one of my dogs, charlie the cross breed is driving me nuts at night, he wont leave me alone! i sit on the sofa and he tries to sit in my lap i go up stairs and he has to follow me up 2 flights of steps or hell jyus sit and wait for me to come down hes only like this in the evening which is unusual as as soon as hes had his tea hes in his bed for the rest of the night!
is he trying to tell me something? if so what? its been the last 3/4 days he just wont leave me alone any ideas?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Has anything happened to frighten him recently? Or could it be something wrong with his health? If this behaviour has only started recently there must be a reason if he's not normally like this?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2010, 07:30 PM
hes health is fine dont know why hes doing it hes just standing here and staring at me ! hes creeping me out now
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Have you changed his food recently? I changed my dogs food once and they were literally climbing up the walls with energy at night and normally they are really calm!

Other that that has anything upset you recently as dogs can be very perceptive if you are feeling a bit under the weather for whatever reason.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I can't advise if it's a sudden change, coz I have no idea, but you could try playing with him for 20 mins and then ask him to go and settle and see if he does? I get this all the blooming time with my 14 months old shepherd, no matter if she's had an exhausting day or a quieter one, she still drives me nuts in the evening, in fact, both of my dogs do!! Maybe he's hungry, give him a bonio or something and see if he settles when you ask him perhaps? The playing usually works for me, then my youngster is quite happy to settle and relax.,... although having said that she still follows me everytime I get up, but doesn't do that during the day, just like yours doesn't! Good luck, hope you find out why, but I strongly suggest you try and sort it now otherwise, like me, you'll be making a rod for your own back! can you get him out in the dark for a short walk around the block, that should work!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Might you be pregnant? !

apparently dogs can sense these things........
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
lol how would i explain that one to the old man lol hes had the snip!! hes settled down now, not changed his food although i have lost a friend but that was 2 weeks ago and feel a little better now at the time the springers gave me loving the other 2 wernt bothered!
hes very settled in his was he doesnt like playing and after tea all he does is sleep,
i sent him to another room for 1/2 hour to settle down he came back in barked as though someone was outside which made the others get up from sitting next to me on the sofa they ran to the back door and he just climed up next to me and curled up and went to sleep!
hes just going to have to go into the other room if it carries on as my kids need my atttention as well dogs get it during the day while they are at school!