View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eyescrye
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2011, 08:09 PM
When i first got shadow we had done an afternoon walk and for some reason his lead catch broke,tried to find rope etc and then when we were sat outside the pub thinking of a way to lead him home a truck whent by and something fell of and it was a long line of blue tie,the stuff they use to secure things lorrys etc with,well i used this as his lead then sewed a handle and a catch into it and it became my long line its about 25ft,and its really hard wearing and perfect and it never cost me a penny..I dont know what its called but its the nylon stuff about 1inch thick and they use it too secure loads on lorries,but its really durable and if you sew a handle into it really securely then no rope burn..
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 08:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/22ft-poly-web-...item6b1b58e721

I think this is the same seller that I bought my lines from! They do various lengths!

HTH.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Long lines should never have handles...............
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Phoebe just has the halti one i got it in pets at home its 10 metres. I find it ok - it holds Phoebe. But the gloves are a definate
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 09:06 PM
I cut the stitching on my handles, so there isn't a handle anymore! Took some doing, but I got there!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 09:39 PM
I have a 50ft long line from ebay for each of my dogs.
I find them really good, but not hugely comfy on your hands if the dogs pull!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 09:43 PM
I always do wear gloves, I learnt that one the hard way about a year ago. Friction burn so bad that my palm and fingers went shiny and it took days for the pain to go away! Mucho owies!! Never ever made that mistake again Still worry that a wet washing line might slip even through gloves, he just so strong.

The width of washing line worries me as if I reel Cain in because another dog approaches, I loop up the line, keep him short and tend to wrap it around my hand for security in case he lunges. He's already cut off my blood supply a few times and I just think a washing line would be like cheese wire! It is a good idea, just not for my monster me thinks.

Thanks for the links Karly, I'll see what you settle on and if it's good then I might get one too.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 09:49 PM
You should also NEVER wrap ANY lead around your hand!

Very dangerous.
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2011, 09:50 PM
I have a Clix one- strong, quite soft and i've had it a good while and it's still in good nick... although i don't use it that often really- normally just for walks in new places where i can't let her off.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 06:15 AM
I have several of different lengths.

I found the cotton one picked up grass clippings if it was damp (early morning dew etc) and became very heavy. I would not recommend cotton.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2