Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 02:12 PM

Just seen a dog run over

just been walking home from the bank with my two and theres a car at the lights waiting to turn right, theres a little doggie with its head full out of the wide open window , sees my two and decides to jump out of the window onto a busy main road to greet my two. a van hit the poor thing. however, the little doggie came over to me hobbling on three legs and didnt seem too hurt, although i think its back leg is broken.

the woman got out of the car and asked me what had happend so as said above the doggie wanted to greet my two.

I think he/she will live.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Oh grim - that's a bit scary - hope the dog is ok
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
Oh grim - that's a bit scary - hope the dog is ok
yes it was grim and im still thinking and worrying about that poor doggie.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 03:11 PM
thats very sad hope the little chap is ok... but what the hell was he doing loose in a care with the windows open!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
thats very sad hope the little chap is ok... but what the hell was he doing loose in a care with the windows open!!!!!!!!!!!!

My reaction exactly!!!! i did advise her to close the window next time.
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh what a shame, lucky in some respects though, bet van driver got a scare along with yourself.

I remember a few years ago when driving to my mums seeing a collie jump out of a car window few cars ahead of me and right infront of a artic lorry. Asyou can imagine not much was left of the dog, and the owner had the nerve to blame the lorry driver for not stopping or swerving.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Poor dog, I hope that they make a good recovery, how upsetting for everyone. I hope the van driver is ok. I would feel dreadful if I hit a dog, even if there was no way could have avoided a collision.
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I hope you are ok & not too upset by it. {{{hugs}}}
I hope the dog will be ok but if the owner hasn't got the brain cells to make sure her dog is safe in the car then she probably hasn't got the brain cells to get to a vet.
I hope the van driver is ok, I can relate to this bit as I drive a small van & a few months ago a small black dog ran out of the fog at night strait under my wheels, If I had have swerved I would have caused a nasty accident, All I could do was try to push the brake peddle through the floor & hope for a miricle. I don't know what happend to the dog as in the moments it took to pull over, grab my phone & run back, the dog was gone.
But with the support of this site I began to realise it was an accident & nothing that I did could have prevented it.
Just 'one of those things', 'poo happens', Listen to the coments on here & you'll feel better in no time.
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
just been walking home from the bank with my two and theres a car at the lights waiting to turn right, theres a little doggie with its head full out of the wide open window , sees my two and decides to jump out of the window onto a busy main road to greet my two. a van hit the poor thing. however, the little doggie came over to me hobbling on three legs and didnt seem too hurt, although i think its back leg is broken.

the woman got out of the car and asked me what had happend so as said above the doggie wanted to greet my two.

I think he/she will live.
I hope you are not too shaken, why oh why do some people still have their dogs loose in their cars? seriously its not expensive to buy a universal seat belt fitting is it? Poor dog and poor van driver as well, I hope she learns her kesson xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 06:13 PM
It is a shame that animals (and others) have to suffer due to the ignorance of owners...................

This was ENTIRELY avoidable and preventable.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >