Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cara2002
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post

Pet Plan I seem to be paying quite a lot? £47 per month???

!
Hi, i had my lab insured with pet plan for 5 and half years. i have recently swapped to E and L insurance as my pet plan went up to £35 per month and i got a new wimaraner pup so could afford £70 per month for 2 dogs. Now i am with E and L and they cost £25 per month for both dogs! thank goddness i sorted it as my weimaraner had a scare of bloat and has just made a bill of over £500, which the treatment is still on going!! The excess is £105 rather than the £80 that pet plan generally offer as excess, but for the sake of an extra £25 excess the saving is huge. They offer cover of £4000 for each policy period which is pretty good!

Hope this helps
Thanks
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Let us hope that your experience with E & L will be more constructive than many have had in the past!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by cara2002 View Post
Hi, i had my lab insured with pet plan for 5 and half years. i have recently swapped to E and L insurance as my pet plan went up to £35 per month and i got a new wimaraner pup so could afford £70 per month for 2 dogs. Now i am with E and L and they cost £25 per month for both dogs! thank goddness i sorted it as my weimaraner had a scare of bloat and has just made a bill of over £500, which the treatment is still on going!! The excess is £105 rather than the £80 that pet plan generally offer as excess, but for the sake of an extra £25 excess the saving is huge. They offer cover of £4000 for each policy period which is pretty good!

Hope this helps
Thanks

I was with E & L but - and sorry to be bearer of bad news - I read so many terrible reviews of them, I felt I had to change to another company.

I'm not talking about just five or six bad reviews, but hundreds!

Honestly if you google E&L you will find countless unhappy customers.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Sorry def not E&L
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Hi, i had my lab insured with pet plan for 5 and half years. i have recently swapped to E and L insurance
lets hope you never have to claim from them, sadly from my understanding they are the worst company you could have chosen.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 08:57 AM

Hope this helps
Thanks
Eeeek! Bad move! I hope you don't ever have to make a claim with E & L - they are one of the worst, if not THE worst.

Should've stuck with PetPlan!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I have Harvey with Sainsburys lifetime cover - £25.80 a mOnth & Katie their annual policy £15 a month.

I think £47 a month is steep!

The cats are with Petplan & its amazing how much cheaper cats are for lifetime cover considering how cats roam & can get into all sorts of problems etc. Ours are housecats with a outside run however even with the risk of traffic injuries/fatality the policies are unbelievably cheaper
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Just had a look at Petplan quotes - for Lab in area we are in it is £25.50 a month on budget lifetime cover & £37.50 a month for Supreme lifetime cover - are you on the Supreme cover?
cara2002
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Oh dear this doesn't sound good for me! I have just put in a claim with E and L for my pup with the gastric dilation! I hope they pay out! the bill is over £500 and still going!! EEK!! :0(
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2011, 10:08 AM
I pay 29.50 a month to petplan for lifetime cover for a gordon setter puppy. I have been with them 6 months and had to make 3 huge claims and each time they text me when they have recieved them and paid up within 10 days no hassle whatsover . Certainly the best decision I ever made
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >