Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dannymoss View Post
Just about to insure our newly acquired Golden retriever discovered that the cooperative insurance offer more or less the same policies as Pet plan ( it is the same insurance Co!) but about 1/3 cheaper! Also price promise not to increase premiums if you claim
No pet insurance company puts price up just for claiming there's no such thing as a no claims discount but like someone else said the price will go up with inflation and with age.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 04:54 AM
I pay £26 a month for lifetime cover thats up to £7000 a year with M&S they pay promptly direct to my vet with no quibbles and my goodness over the years I have certainly claimed plenty.
Pet Plan for the same dog want over £40 month and the cover is really not much different. So I will stay with M&S.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:15 AM
I pay £56 a month for Stone with them - I have always been with them & find them excellent - very fast payment too.
I claimed thousands through them with my last GSD, so it is worth every penny to me. And Stone has had a few thousand pounds worth of claims already!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:54 AM
I`ve just put Daisy on to the Prime policy from Animal Friends for £11 a month.
Previously she was on accident only but with the PDSA ban on pedigrees I had to change.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Previously she was on accident only but with the PDSA ban on pedigrees I had to change.
sorry not read all the way through

do Animal Friends do direct payment?

for me, the vets will not use anyone other than petplan for direct payment even if the company will I ended up taking him off insurance in the end so much mucking about...
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
sorry not read all the way through

do Animal Friends do direct payment?

for me, the vets will not use anyone other than petplan for direct payment even if the company will I ended up taking him off insurance in the end so much mucking about...
Doberman i think any insurance company will do direct payment and they actually mislead people when they state this as an incentive because it's the vets that decide if they'll take the payment direct not the insurance company.
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I pay £26 a month for lifetime cover thats up to £7000 a year with M&S they pay promptly direct to my vet with no quibbles and my goodness over the years I have certainly claimed plenty.
Pet Plan for the same dog want over £40 month and the cover is really not much different. So I will stay with M&S.
I was with M&S madmare and i can recommend them as i claimed about 15k from them with no bother but their premiums went from £15 a month to £80 a month in 5 years. I ditched them 2 yrs ago and am glad i did because i've heard people with monthly payments now for well over a £100.
I now have the same cover loads cheaper and payment within 5 days of receipt of claim which is weeks quicker than M&S.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
I was with M&S madmare and i can recommend them as i claimed about 15k from them with no bother but their premiums went from £15 a month to £80 a month in 5 years. I ditched them 2 yrs ago and am glad i did because i've heard people with monthly payments now for well over a £100.
I now have the same cover loads cheaper and payment within 5 days of receipt of claim which is weeks quicker than M&S.
I got an M&S quote, cant remember how much but it was staggeringly high, I remember that!
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I got an M&S quote, cant remember how much but it was staggeringly high, I remember that!
Their prices are ridiculous now they really have priced themselves out of the market. Such a shame when people are stuck with them. I could of been but i am thankfully in the position where i can pay if my dogs ED causes problems again. I've now changed and she got Lupoid so am really really glad i changed because this is costing me a lot and is for life.
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Animal Friends are good for insuring puppies. Older dogs i wouldn't personally use them after trying to insure my late Cocker with them who might i add had been to vets once in 7 yrs and they tried to exclude cancer because 7 yrs previously she had a cyst and stomach problems because she had an upset stomach 2 yrs before i called them. I've heard people with same problems since.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >