Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 09:53 AM

Sep Anxiety

Hi,

I have a challenge with Bella my second dog a 3yr old retired greyhound who joined Tom the lurcher a 3 yr old rescue around 2 months ago, I have been leaving them for short periods from the early days to get them used to it with no real issues but I was away with work Tues/Wed this week and my OH had a bit of a nightmare with Bella. He is self employed and takes the dogs to work when I am away , an environment they are familiar with.

Bella apparently cried and whinged most of the time despite his best efforts and continued this when back at home in the evening , she also pee'ed and pooped in the house during the night a thing she never does despite having been out in her usual routine.

I am presuming this was because I was away as now I am home she is back to normal , does anyone have any suggestions as to how to address this and any prep I can do to make her happier as I have to go away with work at least once a week.

Many Thanks