Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 11:44 AM

More Horsey Pics (New Ones This Time!!)

A few, taken this morning

Here's my little man Charlie first though. He's feeling much better now after the infection he got from his vaccination. Still a little swollen though.

And can anyone explain to me how he stays so fat (he's not lost any weight that i can see!!!!) despite being on that tiny starvation patch? He gets the tinest bit of hay in the morning (cos he sees Una getting hers and has a tantrum!!) and thats about it.

And here's Una B. Loads of her because she was posing and she's closer to the stables lol

Chomping on an apple

got to love the rope around the neck method for leading them in

And is this picture not just adorable?!?! Look at that face!!! Excuse the state of her, she had rolled last night and looks really bad in this picture because of the flash...

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Excuse the state of her????? Blimey Jessica, I was just going to say how fantastic she looks, her coat is gleaming, I thought you'd been grooming all morning!!! I love Charlieboy, and I like to see them well covered like that in the summer anyway, that's how they all should look in the summer, it won't be long before they've got to go into the winter and as you know, the more meat on them the better to come out the other side looking good!

I keep saying this, but I'll say it once more, you're horses are a real credit to you Jessica, and I haven't seen one bad pic so far, ever! Awww, they are two beauties you've got there, and I'm dead jealous
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Awww, thank you!!

Maybe its because im used to seeing Charlie looking so much fitter, he just looks fat and flabby to me!! lol

As a comparison, here is a picture of him (admittedly taken in the winter) during the time i was competing him! He wasnt even at full fitness, but just looked so much less flabby lol

Una actually could do with a good bath as she's very dusty and dirty. Im hopiong, if the weather stays ok, to give her a bath this weekend so i'll get some pics of her all shiny and clean!

Charlie always stays clean, he's a good old man And the gleam sadly is not due to my (non-existant lol) grooming skills, but to the ridiculously expensive oils i put in their food! I cheat
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Like I always say Jess, you can't have a fat, fit horse can you, and he looks superb in that last pic when he was in work, just fantastic, I really do like Charlieboy!!! I could just hop on him right now actually!!!!

I remember one winter when we had no grass at my new yard I was at, my horse didn't do well at all, he looked like an absolute hatrack and I was sooo embarrassed with him. I clipped him right out so he'd have to wear a rug permanently, just so that I wouldn't get any cutting remarks! Not that he wasn't being fed, but there's a limit to how much food you can pump into a horse, and he was in hard work, I did like my collected canters and gallops, I wasn't a walker, that was soooo boring, especially when we had turf under our feet everytime I left the yard!!! Of course, I DID know, I had to walk the first mile and trot a bit, but I don't mind admitting the sooner I could get into a lovely bouncy canter the better!!! I'd better go now, coz I'll want another one, and I've already seen those baby Hanovarians!!!!
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2008, 01:13 PM
lovely pictures... dont you just love the expressions they pull, when your taking pictures...
what breed is your black mare?? is it a freisan? or welsh cob?
are your horses at the back of your house?? It looks like a nice area.
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Like I always say Jess, you can't have a fat, fit horse can you, and he looks superb in that last pic when he was in work, just fantastic, I really do like Charlieboy!!! I could just hop on him right now actually!!!!

I remember one winter when we had no grass at my new yard I was at, my horse didn't do well at all, he looked like an absolute hatrack and I was sooo embarrassed with him. I clipped him right out so he'd have to wear a rug permanently, just so that I wouldn't get any cutting remarks! Not that he wasn't being fed, but there's a limit to how much food you can pump into a horse, and he was in hard work, I did like my collected canters and gallops, I wasn't a walker, that was soooo boring, especially when we had turf under our feet everytime I left the yard!!! Of course, I DID know, I had to walk the first mile and trot a bit, but I don't mind admitting the sooner I could get into a lovely bouncy canter the better!!! I'd better go now, coz I'll want another one, and I've already seen those baby Hanovarians!!!!
Just to update you, a lady is coming to see little Yasmin, she thinks she s gorgeous too!! so i am quite hopeful!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Charlie lost a lot of weight a couple of winters ago when he was unwell and it worried me terribly!! A hardy little connemara SHOULDN'T get thin so i was very concerned! Thankfully he is just perfect again now!

Me and Charlie are rather more sedate than we were in our youth. We never used to walk anywhere a few years ago, but now we're both quite happy with a nice, long, relaxing wander through the countryside. Except when its raining, you cant get him out of the stable if its raining. Tough Irishman for you

Una is a Friesian, though just a baby one and still looking ratehr gangly and awkward!

ETA - Yes, they are kept behind my mums house! Though she is planning to sell it so they are getting evicted Am currently looking for grazing to move them to.... No luck so far so we may have to move to a livery yard and attempt to be sociable
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
You're going to hate being in a livery yard after being spoiled like you have there! The best I ever had was a 7acre field (2 fields) half a mile from my front door, and we put up our own stables and tack room, just me and a friend of mine, all for the costly sum of £12.00 a week each!!! That was because the stables were OURS, and he only charged £12 each a field, so we had two fields and rotated. All those years I had spent at livery yards, some of which were not people friendly at all, some of which were not even horse friendly, and there I was with that option on my doorstep all along! The only good thing about livery yards is sometimes (only sometimes though!) the other liveries are nice and friendly and you've got company to ride out with if you want, but that's about it! Oh so bitchy some of them though!!!

Hi Horses01466, Well as soon as she sees your darling little Yasmin I think you will have a definite sale there, when the time comes of course, I know it's early days to sell her. Oh I wish
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
we left a VERy bitchy yard 3 months ago we were there for 6 years the ponies are my daughters shes 13 and they were very bitchy to her. were now on another yard BUT theres only a few of us (3 friends moved there also) and weve all got our own fields its great now. loove the oics by nthe way