Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Hannah
How did it go at the vets?
Oops sorry Hannah I forgot about this thread and started another one in dog chat I think

Yes the vet looked at him and decided to give him an injection of antibiotics, an anti-inflamotory injection and then I asked about Ivermectin because someone on here said that Stronghold wouldn't kill sarcoptic mites so I was worried in case they had come back again and were near his eye so the vet said he would give him Ivermectin if I wanted. So I asked if it was okay because he had just been Strongholded on Monday but he said that was okay. I was a bit worried because I know Ivermectin can cause problems in some breeds like Collies but the vet said he should be okay but if he started shaking or behaving weird to bring him right back in (he didn't tell me this until AFTER the injection though or else I would probably have chickened out) Anyway I watched him like a hawk last night and he seemed fine. I put one of those lampshade thingys on though so he couldn't get at his eye with his claws. He also had his anal glands emptied cos they were full :smt078 :smt078 and he gave him 14 tablets of Rilexine which he has to have 2 a day and 2 pred a day for 4 days and then one a day for 3 days and then 1 every other day till they run out.

So hopefully it might clear up his problem with a bit of luck

Oh and he has to go back next Friday for a checkup and probably more Ivermectin cos I think they give them more than one injection of it.

Thanks for asking Hannah
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Hope it sorts it out for him and he stops scratching again!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Hope that what the vet has given Benji works, for his sake the poor little mite.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Hannah
Hope it sorts it out for him and he stops scratching again!
Thanks Hannah - yes I hope that too because it has been fantastic having a normal dog for a few months
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Donna&Zuki
Hope that what the vet has given Benji works, for his sake the poor little mite.
Thanks Donna
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:57 AM
HI Foxy
Its Babs from the other forum just wanted to say I am pleased he is going to get better and the buster collar is the way to go until some of the irritation has calmed down.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by sweetmimi
HI Foxy
Its Babs from the other forum just wanted to say I am pleased he is going to get better and the buster collar is the way to go until some of the irritation has calmed down.
Aww thanks Babs - I felt really awful putting it on him last night - I had to force myself in the end because it was like going back to a few months ago when the poor little lad had to practically live in one He doesn't seem too worried about it though and he absolutely loves having his tablets because they usually come wrapped in a bit of ham so they go down properly

It was quite funny at the vets because there was Benji and this other beautiful Collie cross type dog and then this Labrador came through the door with a Buster collar on and this collie went mad barking and trying to climb on its owners knee, it was scared stiff Benji of course joined in the barking
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I can just imagine the brave little lad joining in with the barking
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by sweetmimi
I can just imagine the brave little lad joining in with the barking
He wasn't a coward like the collie cross though - he wanted to get to the Labrador to give it a kiss He did get the chance to meet it though when he went into the surgery because it was sat next to the surgery door with its owner
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3