Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucyand Tess
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi PONlady,

Nice to another PON owner on the site.

My girl is now 9months old and she has not started to get her adult coat yet, however i was advised by my breeder that i can dry brush her with a pin brush that does not have the bobbles on the end, this does work and i have found that brushing her dry doesn't break her coat. I do brush her i use a conditioner on her.

I have found a couple of knots under her ears that i am finding difficult to get out do you have any tips and what equipment do you use on your PON?

Lucy x
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lucyand Tess View Post
Hi PONlady,

Nice to another PON owner on the site.

My girl is now 9months old and she has not started to get her adult coat yet, however i was advised by my breeder that i can dry brush her with a pin brush that does not have the bobbles on the end, this does work and i have found that brushing her dry doesn't break her coat. I do brush her i use a conditioner on her.

I have found a couple of knots under her ears that i am finding difficult to get out do you have any tips and what equipment do you use on your PON?

Lucy x
Hi Lucy,
Yippee, another PON owner!

Esau has been clipped actually; after I wrote the message above I developed a frozen shoulder . . and just a month ago, the other one has frozen as well! Grooming is impossible, so I had him clipped off . . he looked a bit odd at first but as it grows out he looks like a cute fuzzy teddy-bear

Re matty-ears - if you can find one, buy a matt-splitter for these. They do a single blade version for tiny, difficult-to-get-at mats. I use this to break the mat up, then the top prong of a comb to gently tease it apart. Don't forget to keep removing hair from her ear-canal; I use forceps for this but some people prefer just their fingers. Just take a few hairs, grip, and tug! She might yelp, but it's all over and done with in a split second and it'll save her hours, days, even weeks of discomfort! Don't do a 'new' ear all in one go, that's a bit much for a youngester; just do one 'tug' in each ear, and make loads of fuss, give her a 'yummy' to distract her (peanut butter smeared on the grooming table works wonders!)

Whereabouts in the UK are you? I'm in Gloucestershire. Esau was bred by Terrie Cousins-Brown, what about Tess?
Lucyand Tess
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the reply the advise is much appricated, i will try to find a matt-splitter. i have managed to get most the hair out of her ear canels and i was quite suprised how chilled out she was. Its great to hear from another PON owner seems as though we are few and far between.

I'm from Waterloville which is in Hampshire. Tess was bred by Diane Motramme of Mybeards.

Esau is a great name is he your first PON? How is his temperment? Tess is a book standard PON stubbon, willful, always guards the house and mad. She decides whether things are worth her while before she does them.

Lucy xxx
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4