Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 06:18 PM

Best result today in 10 years

We were at the Swords Champ show today in Dublin, big entry for Dallies the judge clearly hated livers because every one was put down the line including the only Champion there!! So Deccy didn't do anything but he enjoyed himself posing at the girlies.
Later on, Polly went into Veteran Stakes with a young lady, Emer, handling as Polly can be a bit of a madam with me. I went away and hid. Apparently, Polly played up a bit, slipped her half-check collar on the triangle (but stayed trotting in position beside Emer ) and..... she WON!!!!!
There is an annual leader board, we finished joint 10th last year and we now have almost twice the points already for 2006 so this year should now be interesting. Her pic will be in the (Irish) dog press
Emer has offered to handle her for future shows - as long as I can put a slip collar on her next time!
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh wow, thats fantastic. Congratulations.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I can't believe it. I am absolutely disgusted. I didn't even know the Show was on! My husband knew and said nothing until we were out of the house and already on the way to the Zoo with the kids. He said he knew I would want to go and he wanted us to have a family day out! The sly ******! I live 5 minutes from the Exhibition Centre. I am so gutted.
That is a fantastic result. Well done. Do you have any pictures?
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Congratulations Gill
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 06:49 PM
I can't believe it. I am absolutely disgusted. I didn't even know the Show was on!
Well just so you know... we have the Bray show at the National Show Centre on 1st July, and Irish Ladies Kennel show on 15th July.
Plan it NOW!!!!
Come and say hello. I'm the fat middle aged blonde one with a delinquent liver spotted boy, (the one in the pic) or quivering behind a bush while Polly is in Veterans.
This is Polly:

That was taken 2 years ago, she is now more muscled up, slimmer and stands less like a rocking horse!!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Ooooh. I'm away for the Bray Show but should be around for the 15th. Is that back in Swords?
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 08:13 PM
It's at the National Exhibition Centre on the Swords road near the airport, (Cloghran roundabout) where we were today. There are plenty of shows there, all year round and they do ringcraft on Tuesday nights.
We have Kilkenny on Saturday and Diese (Waterford) Sunday next weekend so it's a whole weekend away in the van
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Congratulations that brillient news.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Congratulations....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran