Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2011, 07:12 PM

Not moving to Hampshire.

Gorden just received the call he came very close but the person they chose has experience setting up teaching schools where as Gorden has experience setting up projects but not a teaching school. That was the only reason they chose the other candidate and it took them all week to decide.

They loved his CV and his ideas and he will be getting a call in a day or two from them to do some Associate Tutoring for them. He doesn't know in which field as yet that is to be discussed.

Not all bad news. We are not sure how we feel we had kind of set our hearts on the full time job but he will start looking again in January February next year when they start advertising again. At least he has his part time temp job till Easter and some consultancy work and now some Tutoring and who knows the next job may be in an area where we had always hoped to end up Yorkshire or Derbyshire.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 10:06 PM
e lived in hampshire for a short while. lovely area, but the ppl sorry not very nice. we had the looney down stairs who made our life a living hell. so other than pass it on the way to my brothers who lives in wiltshire. we wont be going back. wouldnt mind yorkshire. got a really good friend who lives in west yorks and she would love it if we lived there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Lucky escape then by the sounds of things.

Derbyshire or Yorkshire are our preferred places, then Northampton or Norfolk or Suffolk.

Still at least work has been generated from it so not all bad news.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Well congratulations to him for getting a job xxx

Who knows maybe you were not meant to move there, Im a firm believer in fate xxxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Sorry Gordon did not get the job, but pleased you will still be fairly close, so I may get to see the puppy yet .
I believe what is mean't to be will be and this obviously wasn't right for you.
Yorkshire is beautiful, although does suffer with the weather after what we are used to down here. I personally love Suffolk. It is beautiful, good weather and very very low crime. I would love to live in Suffolk.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Maybe it just wasn't meant to be Lynn..... I'm sure there's something far better on the horizon for Gorden....

x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well congratulations to him for getting a job xxx

Who knows maybe you were not meant to move there, Im a firm believer in fate xxxxxxx
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Sorry Gordon did not get the job, but pleased you will still be fairly close, so I may get to see the puppy yet .
I believe what is mean't to be will be and this obviously wasn't right for you.
Yorkshire is beautiful, although does suffer with the weather after what we are used to down here. I personally love Suffolk. It is beautiful, good weather and very very low crime. I would love to live in Suffolk.
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Maybe it just wasn't meant to be Lynn..... I'm sure there's something far better on the horizon for Gorden....

x0x
We feel it is fate too. I said today there is probably something much better around the corner. He has the Tutoring to do for them so thats work and good news and he was pleased he has something from the interview even if it isn't the full time job. He said it gets my feet under the table and who knows the candidate they chose may not be the right one anyway time will tell.

Its also possible the p/t temp teaching job may go on longer than Easter too. So we do not have to worry financially.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We feel it is fate too. I said today there is probably something much better around the corner. He has the Tutoring to do for them so thats work and good news and he was pleased he has something from the interview even if it isn't the full time job. He said it gets my feet under the table and who knows the candidate they chose may not be the right one anyway time will tell.

Its also possible the p/t temp teaching job may go on longer than Easter too. So we do not have to worry financially.
Good news came from the interview even if Gordon did not get the full time job, so hopefully he will get even better news with applications in the new year - and in an area you would really like to live.

I will keep my fingers crossed... xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 08:45 AM
I also like to believe in fate. Gorden probably didn't get this particular full time job because the perfect job for him is just around the corner (hopefully in Derbyshire or Yorkshire)
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 06:28 PM
You have no idea what fate has in store, the contacts he made could be what he ws meant to make and something brilliant and perfect come from him not getting the job.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >