Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2007, 10:42 AM

Loss of internet connection..something to do with IP addy

Well turned on the pc earlier (i'm on laptop right now) and internet wouldn't work..noticed the icon in the taskbar, kinda like when it shows your wireless isn't connected, that type of thing. It said the problem was with the IP addy and i clicked the button to repair the problem..it said it can't fix IP addrss and to contact service provider, but NTL is closed as its new years day..so not sure what to do, ideas?
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Do you connect through a router?
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Not with the main pc..that is direct to the internet connection, with the linskys box (or whatever) for the laptop
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Try rebooting the pc, modem and router. Wait til the ready light is on on the modem then switch the router back on then the pc. It has happened to me before and that usually fixes it.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Have you changed any settings ?? installed IE7 ?? - I did and had to change all my router settings - try ringing the Linksky helpline - Its free and they are really helpfull
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Haven't rang any hotlines yet as NTL is closed, dont think it will be down to the Linskys though as the pc doesn't have internet through this-pc connected to main modem. Unless im wrong...
Tried rebooting etc..no change! It says its to do with my local area connection have little or no connection?
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Luke try doing a system restore on it...back to a time when it was working
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Eh up your speaking above my midland head now How do you do that?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Haven't rang any hotlines yet as NTL is closed, dont think it will be down to the Linskys though as the pc doesn't have internet through this-pc connected to main modem. Unless im wrong...
Tried rebooting etc..no change! It says its to do with my local area connection have little or no connection?
Luke, definitely sounds like NTL to me. Think you'll find if you ring them in the morning, they'll have had issues in your area.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Luke, definitely sounds like NTL to me. Think you'll find if you ring them in the morning, they'll have had issues in your area.
Wouldn't surprise me..bad weather, lots of storms the past few days...tv reception been funny tooo,leccy been on the blink at times n all...could explain it.
I'm none too pleased with the NTL service tbh..nothing but problems!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >