Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 09:39 AM

I think he has a slight urine infection

Simba I think has a little infection, he is pee'ign quite frequently but only little bits at a time, and seems to stay squatting as if waiting for more to appear!

It doesnt seem to bother him a great deal but I was wondering if theres any 'home remedies' that could ease it for him? I know cranberry juice is good for people, and this is what I used with great effect on my guinea pigs and rabbits, but just wondered if its okay for dogs?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Simba I think has a little infection, he is pee'ign quite frequently but only little bits at a time, and seems to stay squatting as if waiting for more to appear!

It doesnt seem to bother him a great deal but I was wondering if theres any 'home remedies' that could ease it for him? I know cranberry juice is good for people, and this is what I used with great effect on my guinea pigs and rabbits, but just wondered if its okay for dogs?
Hi Kate how old is Simba? If he is an older dog this could be a symptom of another problem rather than an UTI , I would have him checked by a vet taking a sample with you.

Not sure if cranberry juice would work with dogs, they have a high acid content in their stomachs and a different overall body Ph to humans and many would not drink it anyway.

What is important is constant access to clean fresh water.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Kate how old is Simba? If he is an older dog this could be a symptom of another problem rather than an UTI , I would have him checked by a vet taking a sample with you.

Not sure if cranberry juice would work with dogs, they have a high acid content in their stomachs and a different overall body Ph to humans and many would not drink it anyway.

What is important is constant access to clean fresh water.
Hi Mini, thanks for your reply. Hes 7months old nearly. He doesnt seem half as bad today as yesterday so maybe it was only a one off? Ill keep an eye on him though.
He always has acess to clean water