View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lees
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2010, 12:34 PM

11 week old pup with urine infection, possible or not??

Hi guys,

Im a bit worried about my pup. All was fine this morning we got up and she went for her usual 'morning wee', had breakfast and so on. Like every morning i then done the school run and got home to brandy around 10, straight out for a wee only i noticed she squatted as if she was going only didnt!! This has been the case all morning, she keeps squatting to go (indoors aswell) literally every copule of minutes and rather than going all that is visible is a couple of drips!She has ate her lunch and is pretty normal in herself but cannot settle i suppose due to the feeling she needs to go, its quite upsetting to watch. Im taking her to the vet this afternoon but, just wondered could this poosibly be a urine infection and how would she get this??
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Very very possible and common in puppies. Bitches squat very close to the ground and its easy for them to pick up all sorts of germs that can then travel up the bladder.

Vet will soon put her right. Try if at all possible to get some urine to take with you - slip a flatish dish under her when she squats. You dont need a bottle full, teaspoonful if you can get it, will do.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Very very possible and common in puppies. Bitches squat very close to the ground and its easy for them to pick up all sorts of germs that can then travel up the bladder.

Vet will soon put her right. Try if at all possible to get some urine to take with you - slip a flatish dish under her when she squats. You dont need a bottle full, teaspoonful if you can get it, will do.
Completely agree

Good luck at the vets xxx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Any word on how this little girl is?
lees
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Any word on how this little girl is?
the vet said cystitis!! she had an antibiotic jab and has been given a five day course to start on sunday. however this evening when she is squatting its little drips of blood? im concerned again as i dont know if this is normal with cystitis so will ring vet first thing, apart from that shes still fine in herself.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 10:44 PM
GLad shes ok. Yes they can pass blood but best to phone your vet & jist check with them.