View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2010, 07:53 PM

Introducing my youngest nephew and Rosa..?

After working a week of 12 hour shifts at my main job. I'm happy to say I now have 4 days off from there. Yayyy! I'm not back in until Monday!

Although.. I am working at my other job tomorrow and Saturday night. But that's an easy job

Just quite excited about not working for a few days!

Aaaanyway.. I'm having my youngest nephew visit on Saturday. He apparently can't wait to meet Rosa. Any tips on how to introduce the two? Alfie (nephew) is 3 in June. But so gentle with dogs as we've always taught him to be. And as you know, Rosa is a fusspot who loves people.

She jumps up sometimes, but Edd's mum has a friend with MS who's on crutches, and she somehow knows not to jump up on her. and just sits by her to be petted.

I'm not too worried. Just wondered if there are any precautions I should take? Hints and tips please!

XX
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I would maybe pop rosa on her lead for the initial meeting that way if she does try to jump you would be able to control her and stop her jumping and how about some tasty treats for her at the same time when she is calm and sitting nicely that way she will also associate your nephew with good things
hope I've been a little bit of help
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2010, 01:52 AM
oh i had this yesterday! my sister had a baby on thursday, and i had to introduce jake to wee lucas. i got a blanket with lucas' scent on it a few days before, so jake could be familiarised with it first. and i put jakes lead and collar on ready for them arriving. it meant i could keep him under control, and he couldnt jump. i also kept chicken with me, so jake could get some when he was behaving and being calm. it went really well and im soooo proud of him!

good luck!
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi both, thanks for replying

It all went well. We had Rosa on her lead but she didn't bother to jump, even when we took her off. She seems to know that with some people it's a MASSIVE no-no, like I mentioned.

Anyway, she was fine. A bit clingy with me for awhile (jealousy I think?) after that she was just wondering why this little person wasn't giving her fuss when everyone else always does. Lol.

Alfie seemed a little wary of her, she's a bit bigger than dogs he's used to, but by the end of it, he was patting and stroking her and saying good doggy. Rosa was just happy to be petted

All in all, a good meeting!

Oh, and Lozzibear, congrats to Jake for behaving like a Prince! Big hugs and kisses to him
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2010, 05:35 PM
well done rosa for being such a good girly
glad to hear it all went well
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Aww thanks
She's having a bath today. she's not very happy lol