View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 06:38 PM
the stud dog owners we used where very helpful and supportive to me, but i dont think they have any rights to the pups
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Its unfair a stud dog owner has no rights, i would certainly be asking a lot of questions before and not after the mating though
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by enerosar
i always put in the contract that they tell me as soon as the pups are born and i see them before they get sold.
Hypothetically though, would this stand up in court? Or if the bitch owner refused - would a court rule in their favour, despite the contract?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2005, 07:03 AM
The stud owners have no legal rights and, therefore, no legal responsibility. But I was wondering how much moral responsibility they feel? I would imagine that for the owner of a popular stud the sheer number of puppies produced would make it impossible to worry over the welfare of each litter? But, if push came to shove, would they take back unwanted puppies/dogs if the bitch owner couldn't/wouldn't?

Just general , hypothetical, musing
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2005, 10:18 AM
I would take any of the pups/adults that my lads had sired if the bitch owner couldnt/wouldnt. After all my dog got her pregnant. Luckily i have never had to do this and no pups have been reutrned to the breeders.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2