Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2005, 11:41 AM

does a stud have rights?

Ok I have been thinking if a stud dog mates with a bitch and you find the way the prgnant bitch is being looked after isnt good enough (food, walks, general care ect) and the way the pups are being brought up once born isnt in there best interest (ie,,dirty conditions) does the owner of the stud have any rights over the pups??? Im not asking cos i have found this to be a problem im more than happy with all the pups my lads have sired. But it was just somthing i was thinking. Or once the dog has mated you dont have any rights to the pups if theres somthing wrong.

Hope you understand what im saying.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 12:54 PM
I dont know about the stud owner under normal circumstances, but if a contract is drawn up between the two breeders then I would have thought there was a chance. as I say not really sure on the real rights

Mo
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-06-2005, 03:30 PM
I'd have thought it would depend on what is specified in the contract...
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Im afraid ownership so I am led to belive is nine tenths of the law, so if theres anything anyone is unhappy about, ie, conditions ect, its should be reported so it can get looked into by the relevant authorities. Other than that I dont think there is an awful lot you can do
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2005, 04:13 PM
The stud dog owner would have no rights at all.
The puppies belong to the owner of the bitch. If you considered the pups to be in really poor conditions then your only course of action would be to inform the RSPCA, who would remove them from the breeder if they saw fit. They would, however, be highly unlikely to give them, or any of them, to the stud owner and would rehome them in the same way that they do all the dogs in their care.
Sian
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't think they do have any rights but I would hope that the stud dog owner would know quite a bit about the bitches background before allowing their dog to be used on that bitch.....
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 04:57 PM
I don't think they have rights either, once the services are paid for really that's the end of contract with stud dog and owner, although we don't do this, we keep in touch, but basically I don't think they have any rights what so ever.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 04:59 PM
As allready replied by others, the stud owner has no rights what so ever.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 05:33 PM
very true CC .......then stud dog owner from Pippa cried more than me and has been a huge support..........

hope all is ok Sarah
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks for all your help. With anyone who uses my lads i always put in the contract that they tell me as soon as the pups are born and i see them before they get sold. Which has never been a problem, i have always been happy with the way all the pups have been brought up. Well bar 1 litter. it was Barneys 1st litter and his breeder used him, I hated the way the litter and the bitch were kept from day 1 sadly she has a Barney daughter and g daughter due to have pups.

Yes Inca everything is just fine, couldnt be better
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >