View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
endisforever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-04-2009, 11:12 AM
well our orbee tnnins ball has stood for one day and now all the yellow outer shell has been pulled off

he hasnt been able to chew it to bits but has been able to peel it off the inner shell of the ball

the problem with the tennis ball is its not made of one whole piece of the obree metierial it has an inner white core and the outter is yellow with must be glued on and while the orbee rubber is strong the gule isnt

so it looks like we now have a white ball instead of yellow

will i ever find the perfect ball i dont know al keep you posted

the problem is this ball cost nearly £9 including postage and what a waste
happy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:04 PM
My dog, Polar, also loves tennis balls but destroys them really quickly, even though i use them only on dog walks now. He has destroyed SO many tough toys, some labled virtually indestructable or similar and he's only a collie cross. I have taken some back to where i bought them and have had refunds as they have been expensive and not lived up to their claims so maybe you could return your one.
Having said that i bought an orbee glow in the dark ball and it has been great! I still dont leave it down for him just in case but although the writing has worn away it hasn't got any puncture marks. The ball is very smooth and gets slimey when he plays with it (yuk!) and i'm wondering if thats why he can't get a proper grip to tear it - he squidges it in his mouth and seems to love the texture! He really loves it so well worth the money! Its very slightly bigger than a tennis ball but still just about fits in the ball flinger too.
Good Luck!
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 02:25 PM
so, where can you get these orbee tennis balls from? ive never heard of them
happy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
so, where can you get these orbee tennis balls from? ive never heard of them
I bought the orbee glow-in-the-dark ball from Pets at Home Store last autumn- was about £6 i think. Have seen them online too.
(Not sure if orbee tennis ball is another thing?!)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
This is a problem I've had with Isla, she learnt from Woody exactly how to dismantle a tennis ball. One quick chomp across the seam and it's gone!

We've tried the rubber/spongy balls and they work quite well. You can get them quite cheap from Wilkinsons, trouble is they don't float all that well.

I bought an Orbee tennis ball and it is fab. They're not cheap and Isla's constant chomping is now starting to take it's toll, but she just loves it.

The latest thing that seems to work is, wait for it...... a Tennis Ball! My Brother found an old tennis ball in the back of the garden a few weeks ago and it's lasting really well. The difference with this and the other tennis balls is that it's an expensive one (Slazenger). I think the doggy tennis balls are so cheaply made that they must come apart in no time. The expensive tennis ball's seem to be working a treat now, so maybe try going to a sports shop before you fork out for an Orbee ball?

Although I would go for an Orbee ball too as they're just fab to have around anyway!
Oh I so agree, we have bought the cheapo tennis balls, the ones with the paws printed on them, and they last about 30 seconds. I was in my local JJB and they had 3 Slazenger tennis ball, in a tube thingy for £2.20, bought them and there still going strong.
Elaine xxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3