Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
endisforever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-04-2009, 07:43 PM

alternative to tennis balls

i have a six month old cocker cross and he loves tennis balls the only problem is about 5 mins after he gets one is destroyed

we have tried the foam style one and the same thing happens but he doesnt like the hard rubber balls he just wont play with them

i am basically looking for an alternative to a tennis ball but is not so easy chewed any ideas
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 07:54 PM
have you thought about a kong stuffed with something tasty, frozen in the freezer and then give him it - instead of a ball?? Perhaps if there is something tasty in it, he will spend a bit more time trying to get it out and thus entertaining him a bit longer too??

My dog likes balls but i get the small size footballs for him as it takes him longer to destroy them - I buy them in bulk deflated from ebay and inflate them at home as we go along !! LOL
endisforever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-04-2009, 08:06 PM
i do give him kongs they do work well. but he loves to play fetch but then if you leave him with the ball its gone

hes picky about what he plays with i have about a size 3 footy and hes not interested in it at all

very strange he is doesnt really play with anything but tennis ball sized balls lol
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:13 PM
how about trying to get hold of a baseball?? not as hard as a rubber one but a bit harder than a tennis ball?? think its the texture of rubber of the harder ones they arent keen on...
endisforever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-04-2009, 08:17 PM
yeah a baseball might be a good idea cheers
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
how about trying to get hold of a baseball?? not as hard as a rubber one but a bit harder than a tennis ball?? think its the texture of rubber of the harder ones they arent keen on...
The hard rubber balls, lick one and you will know why they don't like them, and don't ask how I know.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:22 PM
How about an Orbee? I can't guarantee it, but they've pretty tough!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Or a wubba...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
The hard rubber balls, lick one and you will know why they don't like them, and don't ask how I know.
pmsl i wont ask but now i have an image in my head !! LOL
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I use a type of rubber foam ball, and they are great. The dogs can get their teeth into them, but they are not hollow so they don't destroy them easily.

I take these balls on the GSD walks and they go round the dogs and still come back in great condition
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >