Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 09:39 AM

what is 'love'

Following from comments on the 'god' thread as I didnt want to go off topic.........

What is love? What makes you feel love?

Be interesting to know what people think makes you love someone/something.........
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 09:47 AM
those are two jolly good questions, and ones that require a bit of deep thinking, past the initial thought of the first rush of hormones.
I'll put my thinking head on later, and I'll be back
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Love for me is knowing that is that person or thing went away I would be distraught. Quite a morbid way to look at it, sorry.

It's also getting a warm, fuzzy feeling when you think about that person/thing and just wanting to be with them all the time!

Well, that's how I feel about Neil & Woody.

*blush*
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 10:23 AM
...baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

To early for me this morning, will come back later!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Love as they say is a many splendoured thing, it comes in all sorts of sizes and different disguises, not something that can be explained easily methinks
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Love is the little things we do for each other (wether it be human, canine, feline or other) I used to have a plaque that said that and I think itis so true.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Love as they say is a many splendoured thing, it comes in all sorts of sizes and different disguises, not something that can be explained easily methinks
hence me asking the question....got you all thinking hasnt it!!............
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I would say 'love' in the context of human to human is having such a high regard for someone that you are prepared to but their well being before your own at all times .

Many parents will be able to identify with this and the feeling that you would be willing to sacrifice your life for that of your child, that to me is real love .
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 04:44 PM
For me love (from or for a partner/boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife) is being supported and supporting, doing something that benefits the other person but not yourself, being able to not say anything for ages but still feel comfortable, and knowing what the other person is going to say before they say it

We're looking at unconditional positive regard and non-possessive love at college at the minute. I'm having to learn not to be judgemental and not to assume I know what people are feeling. It's quite difficult As a trainee counsellor I'm discovering that there are many many different kinds of love.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2009, 07:05 PM
For me with Hubby Love is......To have that person as a soulmate, where we are as one. To be able to finish off each others sentences, to know what each other is thinking. To be able to look across a room full of people and spot each other immediately. To be able to have banter and fun in each others company, to be able to shed tears and know that they are not wasted.
To have him walk in and say he's glad to be home, to admire each others interests and be able to give a honest and truthful opinion even if they differ from each others.
To be able to trust and rely on each other, to know that you are both in safe hands, and be able to stand side by side united, back to back and watch out for each other.
To be able to own up to each other when you have had a failure or a success.
And to be able to plant your cold feet on each other at night in bed.

Love for a child/children,Mothers Fathers and siblings, to be able to see each other through our faults, yet be there for each other when times are good or bad. To offer respect,and take guidence, and even when they say ''I don't love you anymore'' to be able to forgive them and welcome them back with open arms.