View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 01:35 PM

How long does it take for the pill to leave your system fully?

A friend of mine came off the pill for three months to try for a baby with no success, there are things from her past that could mean she may have problems conceiving but I thought it could take quite awhile for the pill to leave your system and three months is not all that long but she is quite downhearted, I dont want to be giving her false information and get her hopes up if im wrong!
Any one know how long it takes or can take to totally clear your system?
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2006, 01:53 PM
as much as i have read, you can get pregnant 3 days after stop eating them, but it says that you should wait for 2 periods to clear every harming thing out of your system...
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2006, 02:02 PM
I was talking about this the other day.

One of my friends came off the pill 7 months ago and has only had one period, she went to the doctor and they told her this is ok but she was really worried and they did loadsa tests but they all came back normal. So I think it does take a while for everything to go back to the way it should be.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 02:20 PM
you can get preg the day you come off the pill. infact you are more likely to fall with in the first week you come off the pill and that is how people fall preg when you forget it. but is also can take up2 a year for your body to get back to normal. i say get your friend to do an ovulation kit (the boots 1 is good). then she can see 4 herself whats going on and will have a better chance of getting preg.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 02:21 PM
I came off the pill with mine and fell the first month
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks everyone, I always knew it was possible to get pregnant straight away I had a friend at school who was the 0.3% or whatever it is and got pregnant on the pill! I just thought that for some people it could take along time to get back to normall which could mean its still effecting her ability to concieve.
I will suggest the ovulation kit to her thanks lillybet.

Im going to see another friend and her newborn tonight all my friends seem to either have babies or be trying for them, must admit am feeling abit broody at the mo think I will have to go and watch some birth programs always manages to snap me out of it quick!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 02:37 PM
On the other hand I know of someone that took nearly a year to get preggers after coming off the pill. Think it's different for everyone!

I'm sure they say if you're not up the duff after a year you can go and see the docs for tests etc!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 02:42 PM
hi hannah

perhaps you could suggest ovulation testers if she is determined to get pregnant - as if you are off with your cycle just a few days you can completely miss the right time of the month to fall pregnant - I used them this time and got pregnant the first time I did the ovulation test.

basically you just pee on a stick when you thin you should be ovulating and it will tell you whetrher you are ready to go or not !! - I was trying the old method for 3 months before I got them and realised I was about 4 days out in the end which was why i wasnt getting pregnant - first time I tested with the tester I got pregnant straight away.

the problem being aswell the more stressed she gets about getting pregnant the less likely she will be to fall pregnant,,,,
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2006, 04:46 PM
After 8 years I came off the pill in October, Mid November I said to my friend, 'If I didn't know better I would say I was pregnant' (I had been told because I had been on the pill so long it would take ages for me to get pregnant) My youngest son was born in the following August and is 28 this year!!!!! Love him loads but it was a shock at the time!!!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 04:50 PM
every one is diff i thought it was at least 3 months
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >