Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
No one should have muzzle a dog on their own property !!
Glad you agree!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

23-01-2011, 05:47 PM
what do YOU think?
Huh?

Thats what I am trying to find out, I dont know what you think or would do or would want the authorities to do.

I know you would report someone who's dog had killed a cat in the dogs garden I simply want to know why and what you would want them to do?

I dont think they would be right to report me! Do you?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:01 PM
What good would muzzling do if (hypothetically speaking) another dog broke into your garden & attacked your dog with its muzzle on
Well thats opening another can of worms....but i wouldn't muzzle my dogs in their garden anyway
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
As I said it was a hypothetical question so I would like to know what you would do in that situation.

Do you think they would be in the right to report YOU as you would do if a dog killed a cat in the dogs own garden?
No point in answering, you have already made your mind up what the answer is & no matter what i say, you will contradict it
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Well thats opening another can of worms....but i wouldn't muzzle my dogs in their garden anyway
Yo are very wise, neither would i.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Having a bit of fun!
That's actually a good point Dawn. Hal, God bless him, was an absolute devil for catching rodents or rabbits and playing with them, just like a cat. It absolutely appalled me. I always thought that dogs killed cleanly, but certainly my Hal didn't. He absolutely seemed to enjoy and revel in releasing the mouse, rat or rabbit and then catching it again, just like a cat does. (This became the final straw for me as far as fox hunting was concerned, and I have NOW become anti).
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Glad you agree!
Oh i do, i have very strong feelings about muzzles in general
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
That's actually a good point Dawn. Hal, God bless him, was an absolute devil for catching rodents or rabbits and playing with them, just like a cat. It absolutely appalled me. I always thought that dogs killed cleanly, but certainly my Hal didn't. He absolutely seemed to enjoy and revel in releasing the mouse, rat or rabbit and then catching it again, just like a cat does. (This became the final straw for me as far as fox hunting was concerned, and I have NOW become anti).
Anither convert - we agree on something!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
So what would you want the 'authorities to do? They have no recourse in law to take a dog and pts if it kills a cat in its own garden, same as if it kills a cat in the street. I know - I have had to ask!

I cannot see where anyone has labels any dog breed as all the same, Im not sure where that comes into it.

Yes you can get some small furry friendly greys but certainly not very often. And what would you suggest I do with mine that are not cat friendly when a cat is in there garden?
What my dogs do on their own property is their business and mine, but no-one else's. If next door's cat, or even my own cat, happens to wander through the garden when they are out there and the cat gets killed, I don't consider it any business whatsoever of any "authority". I would be devastated of course, but dogs will be dogs, they are predatory animals and have a lust for the kill - just like us humans, or at least some of us humans.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
This is what i've tried to explain all through this thread but to no avail !!!!

But didn't you know that a dog that is in its own garden is not under proper control i've been told i'm irresponsible and should muzzle mine in its own garden on another thread in the past
What!! You are JOKING!!?
Page 53 of 56 « First < 3 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 >