View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-08-2010, 12:31 PM

Bull jumps into crowd at Spain arena - serves them right!

Serves them right! Bout time they banned these barbaric practises!

A bull jumped into the stands at a bullring in northern Spain injuring up to 40 people, according to officials.

It happened in Tafalla, when the animal leapt over the fence and climbed up the stairs of the stands, knocking people over.

A 10-year-old boy suffered stomach wounds while another spectator was gored in the back. The other injuries were minor.

Officials later tied a rope around the bull to bring it under control. The animal was removed using a crane and later killed.

Spectators were watching a contest of "recortadores", where participants attempt to dodge the bull as it runs frantically around the arena.

The incident comes as the country is split over whether bull fighting should be completely outlawed. Last month Catalonia became the first major Spanish region to ban the deadly sport.
see vid here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11020599
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Does indeed serve them right. Its a very little man that needs to prove how hard they are by sticking spears into an animal.

Its barbaric and should not be carried out in this day and age. Traditon has its place but not at the cost of welfare.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't think they had got to the spearing part on this bull, but seriously think it is a disgusting tradition, and should be banned, if people didn't go then there would be little encouragement if this tradition.
Sadly the fate of the bull was death before it jumped into the crowd, sad that a 10yr old got hurt, but other than that, I have little regard for this tradition or the people that watch a bull get attacked and tormented.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Serves them all right for going to watch Azz. Just another example of man's inhumanity and fascination with spectator events where people do something risky (supposedly brave) by tormenting an animal. Nothing artistic or poetic about it like the Spanish believe, just simple stupidity. They don't like it when the tables are turned (even if for a short time). Poor bull I say.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Serves them right!
Indeed it does Azz, shame it didn't manage to injure a few more bloodthirsty spectators of this 'sport' though

Just hope the poor creature was killed in a more humane way than being stabbed to death with spears. Disgusting practice, I have no idea what sort of 'person' could take pleasure in watching an animal being tortured.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Shame the poor bull didnt take a few more down. That'll teach em!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I watched this on the lunch time news and I was sat here shouting "go bully go".
Such a sad practice
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I just don't understand how anyone could go and watch this sort of cruelty.

I am sorry to hear a young child got hurt but I think if people do get hurt at these sort of events it is entirely their own fault. So in my opinion the parents of that poor child are the ones too blame for taking him in the first place.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Poor bull I it saw on yahoo (different video): http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100819/...e-15af341.html
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Love it, love it, looooove it, saw it on the news earlier, but not as good a clip as that one!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >