Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosiemakes7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
Birmingham to Barmouth is a couple of hours and the beach is dog friendly for the winter months and part of the beach accessible all year, plus the panorama walk around the top of Barmouth is worth the journey.
Barmouth is great for Dogs!!! The end furthest away from the town....
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
Birmingham to Barmouth is a couple of hours and the beach is dog friendly for the winter months and part of the beach accessible all year, plus the panorama walk around the top of Barmouth is worth the journey.
Sounds good. The flatter it is the better 'cos of my stumpy left knee.
It's too hot treally at the moment to drive too far with the dogs in the car. having said that on Friday myself, Melanie (Insomnia) and Charlie (Chaz) are going for a walk (our own lurcher club I think!) about 90 minutes away.

In the cooler mionths I think it's better on the beach for the dogs. It's not so busy ime, no kids 'cos they're all at school (or should be) and the dogs don't seem to get so worn out so quickly.

I'm going with one of my GSDs (not sure which one yet), a friend of mine and her white GSD soon but not sure when. If anyone wants to join us we'll be going "up north" - Liverpool, Formby, Blundell Sands or North Wales.
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Some great beaches in this neck of the woods.

Blundellsands - great free parking right by the beach, just a walk down a concrete slope and there it is - very flat, no sand dunes so good for dodgy knees (going there later today!)

Formby - Sand dunes and a bit of a walk from any parking areas. You do have the choice of whether to go in the woods, the red squirrel reserve (dogs on lead and you have to pay) to park in this section.

Ainsdale - access quite good, you can park on the beach but be careful, some of the soft stuff can be a bit tricky at times. Have to pay in peak season.

I think the only beach dogs are not allowed on on the Siummer is Southport.

Enjoy it
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2