17-09-2008, 02:39 PM

Dog Rescues would be Thief

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/7616707.stm

Thought this was worth a read
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 02:45 PM
I bet it really stuck in the handlers throat to have to risk his dog to save a thief (and one that steals from oldies at that ).

And from the last bit it also sounds like the guy tried to push the dog under the water (though I suppose that could've been due to panic).

Good job I wasn't the handler....not so sure I would've helped the thief.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I bet it really stuck in the handlers throat to have to risk his dog to save a thief (and one that steals from oldies at that ).

And from the last bit it also sounds like the guy tried to push the dog under the water (though I suppose that could've been due to panic).

Dito,, If he had pushed my dog under the water I would have killed him,, that said you would need to get kaos in the water first
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Well done to handler and dog.................pity the dog didn't grab him by the throat to drag him back to shore.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah have to say I thought well done to the dog for percivereing (?) and probably saving the guy. I would hope it was only in panic or thrashing out that he appeared to be pushing the dog under, as if not I would have hoped the handler would have called the dog back
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post

Ditto again - my thoughts exactly and FWIW I would not have risked my dogs life for someone like him