Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 07:55 PM

Lump in neck

I've had a lump in my neck for a while now, around a year or so and it hasn't really bothered me until now.

It's not round and pronounce, it feels more oval-shaped and flat-ish and sort of moves a bit when you push it. It's a bit tender to touch now and I've no idea what it is. Thinking of going to the see the doctor about it but it might be just a fleshy lump.

Any ideas?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 07:57 PM
It could be a fatty lump , Or a cyst hun, Sorry im not much help , Hope you get it sorted xxdk
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
It could be a fatty lump , Or a cyst hun, Sorry im not much help , Hope you get it sorted xxdk
I should have added that it's not outside of the skin. It's inside and it's weird. Could be a cyst, DK.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't dream of trying to diagnose this, honey. Please make an appointment and get it checked out... x0x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 08:27 PM
It could be a cyst, or your thyroid perhaps, but it would be wise to get it checked out asap.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I wouldn't dream of trying to diagnose this, honey. Please make an appointment and get it checked out... x0x
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
It could be a cyst, or your thyroid perhaps, but it would be wise to get it checked out asap.
Thanks anyway, both. I will get it checked as it's starting to concern me a bit now.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
same here ...let us know how you get on
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Is it on the back of your neck or is it where the glands are on the side. If the former it's probably a cyst which is getting a bit infected if it's now tender so you could get antibiotics and if it doesn't resolve completely get it removed. Unlikely to be anything sinister if you've had it for a year with no other symptoms.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
Is it on the back of your neck or is it where the glands are on the side. If the former it's probably a cyst which is getting a bit infected if it's now tender so you could get antibiotics and if it doesn't resolve completely get it removed. Unlikely to be anything sinister if you've had it for a year with no other symptoms.
It's on the side of my neck about 2 inches below my ear, and about 1cm in size.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Only just caught this hun, I would go and have it checked out. If its a cyst they can probably sort it out for you so it doesnt bother you anymore...please keep me posted xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >