Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Hi Tuti

No Luna didnt get upset... Or atleast I dont remember.... Its been almost 2 years now, since she was a puppy Man times fly!!!!!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

22-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Jack and Barney when they were pups always got the hiccups - they used to come running up for a cuddle whenever it happened.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 08:07 PM
yeh mine were the same and even yet they still get hiccups when they gulp food
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Puppy 'cups as my daughter used to call them Storm had them quite a few times when she was small.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Tuti i am so glad you asked about this. My little Otis (9 week old staffy) is also suffering with the hiccups! He gets it when he gulps his food down or gets over excited (which is most of the time!!) He actually doesnt seem too bothered about it, but sometimes it scares him so he comes to sit on my lap for a cuddle. Otis is my first ever dog, so like you i seem to be worrying about everything. This site is great as everyone is so lovely and helpful

love jo xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Yes, Ozzy hiccups too when he has gobbled his grub too quickly - he also can get them if he gets a shock, one day Sid (hubby) deliberately sneaked up behind him and tapped his butt, this shocked the hell out of Oz and he hiccuped for about half an hour!!
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Bruno gets hiccups every now and then, I get them about once a day, for no reason.

Someone said their dog cries???
Do dogs cry (I know mine sulks). Cry in what way? As in whine or moan, or tears? Never seen a dog cry. Am I being insensitive??
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 09:27 AM
my two pups get them often we call them hicky pups lol best way I found to stop dogs gulping their food, is put some spoons into their food bowl on top of the food the dogs have to eat slower to get round the spoons, eventually you can take them out as they have learnt to eat slower by then.

Mo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2